Author Topic: Liquid in Glass problem  (Read 8213 times)

2015-12-07, 07:07:00

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio
[SOLVED] - Thanks ecximer!

Hi,

I am failing to make the absolute simplest setup in Corona: Wine in a wineglass.

I followed this article: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515618-how-to-model-a-liquid-in-glass-in-corona-

I made the liquid object slightly bigger than the glass object, but with no success...

Is there a reason why Corona requires such an physically inaccurate setup? In Vray, the liquid is simply overlapped directly (or smaller) than the container which is physically accurate.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-12-07, 18:19:26 by zchen »

2015-12-07, 09:27:22
Reply #1

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
seems to be no problems
sorry for my english

2015-12-07, 09:36:36
Reply #2

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
this your glass. I have not changed anything. just merged with my scene.
sorry for my english

2015-12-07, 09:41:13
Reply #3

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
the problem is in the distance to the center of the world coordinates!
sorry for my english

2015-12-07, 12:23:29
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In Vray, the liquid is simply overlapped directly (or smaller) than the container which is physically accurate.
Can anyone confirm this?
Not fanboying here, just asking out of curiosity, last time I remember Vray required some crazy normal flipping and detaching of parts of geometry to create correct results.
edit: just checked and it looks like either crazy normal flipping or the same way as Corona...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-12-07, 12:33:19
Reply #5

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio
Confirmed, Ecximer was right, the distance to origin was somehow the problem.. now I know.
Just made the switch from Vray to corona for this project to test it out. So far so good, trying to pick up the different ways of doing along the way!

2015-12-07, 12:37:22
Reply #6

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirmed, Ecximer was right, the distance to origin was somehow the problem.. now I know.
Just made the switch from Vray to corona for this project to test it out. So far so good, trying to pick up the different ways of doing along the way!

how far away was the glass for it to cause this problem? I've had funny results with glass before but remaking the mesh always fixed it some how.

2015-12-07, 12:40:48
Reply #7

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio

how far away was the glass for it to cause this problem? I've had funny results with glass before but remaking the mesh always fixed it some how.

Re-making the mesh?

In my case, the glass was almost 9km from the origin lol...oups.

2015-12-07, 12:55:25
Reply #8

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Re-making the mesh?

In my case, the glass was almost 9km from the origin lol...oups.

oh wow XD ok very far away.

yeah, sometimes i just delete the glazing and remodel it quickly. ive always assumed it might be a problem with the models that come from sketchup, though it happens to meshes made in max sometimes. i might keep an eye on our far away some of the models are.

2016-01-15, 02:09:39
Reply #9

odd

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Great thread...so I have to ask...

I'm making a martini glass and somehow theres a big grey blob / stripe inside it and it does not look right to me...

..somehow the environment is reflected...but it feels like it should be the girl?

Any ideas??

Here's the scene:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7zezm2syqo7hsl/odd_martini.zip?dl=0

..and here's the shot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/el77yv0yuqa0861/test_martini_06.jpg?dl=0

Any help is MUCH appreciated :)

2016-01-15, 02:28:47
Reply #10

odd

• Users
    • View Profile

I googled a bunch of martinis...something I should have done immediately...sorry guys...

..it seems this is in fact how a martini works ?

Yes..? No...?

(I need a martini)

Take a look at these shots:

2016-01-15, 16:26:41
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If it is modeled properly (eg there are no holes in it, overlapping polys etc), I would be surprised if it was an incorrect result. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-01-15, 22:02:00
Reply #12

odd

• Users
    • View Profile

It's modelled according to the Corona guide...with plenty of room between the surfaces...and flipping poly's seem to not affect anything much...

..googling photos I do get a similar wide band so...yeah...as funny as it seems this is probably how it looks like haha

(unless I screwed up somewhere...that is)

Thanks for an amazing renderer !!

Haven't had this much fun since Brazil r/s ;)

//O.