Author Topic: [solved] Extremely low performance with color bitmaps in opacity  (Read 1152 times)

2021-04-17, 00:44:34

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Is it a known...behavior, that the performance in rendering with corona stalls when using a color bitmap in opacity?

3DS Max 2020 - Corona 6.1

See video below (everything works fine until I switch to a color bitmap for opacity):
https://youtu.be/B6IQMnjt1SY
« Last Edit: 2021-04-20, 16:39:20 by maru »

2021-04-17, 16:25:20
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Are you sure this hapens because of colour and not because your first texture is mostly either fully transparent, or fully opaque and your second texture is mostly semi transparent? In any case, the bitmap loader shows that both textures are saved as RGB, so technically they are both colour.

Did you try to clip opacity in material properties? Does that makes any difference? Also, just in case, go to devel/debug settings and double check that opacity filtering is turned off.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-04-19, 16:56:34
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure this hapens because of colour and not because your first texture is mostly either fully transparent, or fully opaque and your second texture is mostly semi transparent? In any case, the bitmap loader shows that both textures are saved as RGB, so technically they are both colour.

Did you try to clip opacity in material properties? Does that makes any difference? Also, just in case, go to devel/debug settings and double check that opacity filtering is turned off.

Thank you Romullus. Clipping opacity fixed it.

2021-04-20, 16:39:47
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It could be interesting to test this again in V7 dailies:
Optimization of multiple transparent hits resolving - achieves up to 30% speedup in scenes with opacity and media
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us