Author Topic: dual CPU issues?  (Read 9541 times)

2024-01-05, 10:17:16
Reply #30

andrew1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile
have you found the sollution in the end ?
I have some issue with you with my new build dual XEON 8480+

Oh my god!

I just assume my RAM was working in quad channel (octo in 2 slots), using 4 sticks per cpu (8 in total). In fact, typical monitor software tells me my RAM is working in quad-channel, but I didn't try to populate all dimms (cos My boards have 16 slots!).

I will try this solution but I have to buy RAM to check it cos I don't have 16 RAM sticks...

2024-01-08, 11:46:33
Reply #31

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
If it helps knowing I'm running a dual Epyc build that has 8 memory slots per CPU (16 total). Just for the fun of it I tried running the benchmarks (and one rather simple interior) in a 8 sticks vs 16 sticks scenario.

The results were for all intents and purposes identical between the two configs.

I do think that going with less than 8 sticks though would result in slower rendering - I haven't tested it out though.

Do note that each platform can be a bit different so the above might work for my 7B13 Epycs but might not for your dual Xeons.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-09, 10:35:00 by Nejc Kilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2024-01-10, 11:59:32
Reply #32

andrew1988

• Active Users
    • View Profile

thanks for your reply !
yes , it have 4 sticks per socket installed , 8 in total, memory runs on quad channel

every benchmark tool runs perfect but the corona 10 benchmark
its weird

If it helps knowing I'm running a dual Epyc build that has 8 memory slots per CPU (16 total). Just for the fun of it I tried running the benchmarks (and one rather simple interior) in a 8 sticks vs 16 sticks scenario.

The results were for all intents and purposes identical between the two configs.

I do think that going with less than 8 sticks though would result in slower rendering - I haven't tested it out though.

Do note that each platform can be a bit different so the above might work for my 7B13 Epycs but might not for your dual Xeons.