Author Topic: Better implementation of corona maps in Nitrous viewport  (Read 261 times)

2024-04-05, 17:20:43

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Often when people complain about the max viewport vs say the blender viewport capability its because most people arent using native renderers in max and therefore the viewport support isnt as complete as say the max physical material might be.
Id love to see greater compatibility between the max viewport and corona materials and maps. Probably not a priority item but it would benefit my workflow greatly being able to show more complex material graphs in viewport without needing to render or use IR for design reviews in real time.

2024-04-06, 10:34:34
Reply #1

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2024-04-18, 12:28:59
Reply #2

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
@Jpjapers by saying "more complex material graphs in viewport", what exactly do you mean? What would you like to be added?

2024-04-19, 16:33:08
Reply #3

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Jpjapers by saying "more complex material graphs in viewport", what exactly do you mean? What would you like to be added?

Great question! Currently as far as i can tell, corona materials will only display the diffuse channel and the viewport does not reflect (no pun intended) any of the gloss/roughness maps or bump/normal either. Ive attached images below showing the difference in coronaPhysical vs PhysicalMaterial with the same maps and settings. Corona of course on the right.

I should have phrased my request differently as it was less about more complex graphs and just a more complete interpretation of the material.
« Last Edit: 2024-04-19, 16:47:29 by Jpjapers »