Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169384 times)

2017-10-18, 09:55:28
Reply #810

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Some facts:

1) Terminator issues have been fixed in 1.6 already:
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-1-6-for-3ds-max-released/

2) The only tech from V-ray which we have implemented right now is the DMC sampler. It has nothing to do with flickering, light leaks, or artifacts. It was already present in the 1.6 hotfix 3 version, so it's not specific to 1.7 builds.

3) The new tech in the newest builds is our in-house light solver. It greatly speeds up rendering, but may sometimes produce square-shaped artifacts. We are working on a fix.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-18, 10:05:04
Reply #811

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Hi Maru,

When you say greatly speeds up rendering, do you mean all workstations except Xeons? I ask as my two computers with completely different dual CPU's have seen speeds slow down by double if not more.

2017-10-18, 10:07:06
Reply #812

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
For those who mentioned light leaks, check the UHD precision multipliers. For early 1.6 release, the precision was lowered. Just to make sure it's not from it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-18, 10:34:37
Reply #813

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru,

When you say greatly speeds up rendering, do you mean all workstations except Xeons? I ask as my two computers with completely different dual CPU's have seen speeds slow down by double if not more.

I am very interested in this as well, becase me and the other person with whom I am working, we have Xeons (Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge) and we both haven't seen any speed up into rendering. Please keep us posted on the dual Xeon thingie.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-18, 10:38:05 by Flavius »

2017-10-18, 10:55:32
Reply #814

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
For me on my workstation with 2x 2630 v3 (i think) all the isage of cpu during rendering is working fine using RC8..
i will try with the new v4...
Fat biker bounce better

2017-10-18, 12:03:54
Reply #815

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Artisticpixel, Flavius: can you post any scene where there are problems? That is the only way to solve this. If it happens in any scene not under NDA, please send it to us via the private uploader
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-18, 12:08:08
Reply #816

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Hi Ondra, I sent a scene 2 days ago. Can post another if required. ALL my work has NDA on them but I trust you will not be sharing anything with anyone from what I have been told by email and only to be used for testing of the scene and will be deleted once used. Is that correct in my understanding?

2017-10-18, 14:35:11
Reply #817

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The files uploaded through the uploader are only accessible to us, and we only use them for testing/fixing/debugging. They are not shared anywhere outside Render Legion, and we delete them once the problem is deal with.
@Artisticpixel, thanks a lot for your upload.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-18, 15:22:07
Reply #818

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
No Problem Maru,.. hope it helps

2017-10-18, 15:33:12
Reply #819

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will prepare a package and upload them in 1-2 days. Thanks a lot!

2017-10-18, 17:14:57
Reply #820

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can somebody please confirm that 1.7 files can now be opened in 1.6.3?

I'm guessing I will need to install 1.7 RC8 first, save the file and then install 1.6.3 again?

Having too many issues with 1.7 that I haven't had to deal with in ages, since I moved over to Corona in fact. There is nothing worthwhile in 1.7 which would convince me to keep putting up with these issues so I will be reverting back to 1.6 which was so much more reliable.

2017-10-18, 17:22:24
Reply #821

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can somebody please confirm that 1.7 files can now be opened in 1.6.3?

Since RC7 they should be backward compatible:

RC7.
  • Corona 1.7 scenes can now be opened in 1.6
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-18, 17:25:01
Reply #822

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Romullus!

2017-10-19, 01:36:03
Reply #823

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Made the new direct light solver optional and off by default (there is switch in performance settings) to prevent problems in scenes with nonphysical fakes and transparent lights that we cannot fix now. We will fix these problems for the 1.8 release, and the solver will be always enabled

So this means the light sampler will be the same as in 1.6?  What if we are using RC5, because RC 7-8 was too buggy, should we update to RC9? or is that problem not that common? I'm not sure I understand the "nonphysical fakes and transparent lights" enough to figure out if I would have that problem? also what is the problem that it causes?

2017-10-19, 01:48:09
Reply #824

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some facts:

1) Terminator issues have been fixed in 1.6 already:
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-1-6-for-3ds-max-released/

2) The only tech from V-ray which we have implemented right now is the DMC sampler. It has nothing to do with flickering, light leaks, or artifacts. It was already present in the 1.6 hotfix 3 version, so it's not specific to 1.7 builds.

3) The new tech in the newest builds is our in-house light solver. It greatly speeds up rendering, but may sometimes produce square-shaped artifacts. We are working on a fix.

we need to do more animations and especially interiors with many lights to make sure it is not just the settings in this scene or bad modeling and materials from our side, but if you watch my animation on
go to time 00:30 and till 00:40 and look up and right at the ceiling and go to  1:09 till 1:19 it is more apparent in the ceiling there
the client did not complain actually they loved the whole thing but I was too much reminded of the Vray era,
I used path tracing I always use it whether I have animated objects or not.
it could be some minor settings or mistake from my part or lights improvement to tweak and it could be because it was a daily build in any case just something to keep an eye on some clients and some projects might not pass the approval stage if they flicker too much.