Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169838 times)

2017-10-16, 15:13:11
Reply #780

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
So all ies lights including the ones supplied by Corona in 1.7 are classed as 3ds max native? Just to be understood, this is a corona light with an ies light profile attached from the corona folder. 

Which means no ies light can ever be used in Corona if you have a Xeon machine?  Also as stated the previous issue happened with or without ies files.

To throw another curve ball it works fine rendering on my other Xeon machine, just a different processor 2x E5-2670 v3
« Last Edit: 2017-10-16, 15:25:18 by Artisticpixel »

2017-10-16, 15:30:26
Reply #781

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Maybe it would be better decission to drop support for photometric lights altogether?

We were thinking of adding a warning when a photometric light is encountered during the scene parsing. It's one of those little things that seem to be on the TODO list forever while there is always something better to do.

So all ies lights including the ones supplied by Corona in 1.7 are classed as 3ds max native? Which means no ies light can ever be used in Corona if you have a Xeon machine?  Also as stated the previous issue happened with or without ies files.

To throw another curve ball it works fine rendering on my other Xeon machine, just a different processor 2x E5-2670 v3

Just to clarify, are you using 3ds Max photometric light with one of the Corona-supplied IES profiles or a CoronaLight?

If you're using the 3ds Max photometric light then there is unfortunately nothing we can do about that at this moment, besides recommending to convert the 3ds Max light to CoronaLight. It does not matter which IES profile you use, the problem is in the 3ds Max photometric light code itself.

If you are using a CoronaLight, then disregard my last statement, the problem is most probably not caused by that.

2017-10-16, 15:34:27
Reply #782

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
No its a Corona Disk light with Corona ies light attached. I never use native 3ds max lights with Corona now after the last set of complications

2017-10-16, 15:37:47
Reply #783

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
OK, in that case I'm sorry for the confusion. Could you send the scene for testing/debugging?

2017-10-16, 15:46:00
Reply #784

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Will do. Which email should I send it to? I will wetransfer as it it just over 200mb inc textures

2017-10-16, 15:58:36
Reply #785

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
It's best to use the private uploaded from my signature

2017-10-16, 16:04:29
Reply #786

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
OK thanks, its on its way to you

2017-10-16, 17:46:31
Reply #787

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Hi Ryuu

I am not sure if this makes any difference but there seems to be a pattern on the cores not firing up when there is no environment light in the scene, only artificial light. One of the other files that gave me issues previously was a Bathroom with no window too.

2017-10-16, 18:33:57
Reply #788

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Having problems with a 32 core Xeon as well and of course the scenes are such that I can't share them. Maybe I get the time to reproduce the problem on spare time but the issue is, sometimes the first pass renders for like 30 minutes. Also it slows down during the estimated time remaining. Exterior scenes using some forest objects and displacement, I have 128 GB RAM on the machine and plenty of space on all drives, Corona using about 20 GB IIRC, so it shouldn't be a memoery issue. But no matter what I do only one core is rendering while the others stand idle.

Also, maybe it's just me but I just seem to find the images are more.. blurry? lately. I'm using pretty much standard settings, only displacement precision changed to 1. Also tried with adaptivity on/off, no difference. 2 light layers, sun and sky. Haven't touched the  reduce noise filtering, either.

Is this something you're about to nail down, maybe? :P I'll be sure to send a scene if I get to reproduce it on spare time, once I have time and enough energy to just play with everything until the rendering process begins to fail.

2017-10-16, 18:39:00
Reply #789

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found the VFB window to behave a little unpredictably, both with IR and production.

With IR:

1 - Maybe it's not 'unpredictability' but the fact that it starts at the render size (sometimes 6k) makes for a rough start.  Would be great if it started as a ratio of your screen resolution.
2 - When I double click the titlebar to maximize, it doesn't maximize it just jumps to a larger size.  Would much prefer it behaves like most windows 'windows' and just maximize...I feel like it used to do this pre 1.7?  Maybe not.

With Production;

1 - Sometimes when I switch focus (click on) the VFB from another window, the VFB will jump from a small window up to the render size.  So basically I'll be modifying materials, or just perusing around, and then I'll click on the small VFB window and *bam* it jumps to an enormous size.

Anyway, those are my experiences.  Hope it helps!
DT

2017-10-17, 11:30:51
Reply #790

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Having problems with a 32 core Xeon as well and of course the scenes are such that I can't share them.
Maybe there is a chance to share a scene, or at least a part of it, where the problem would be present? If so, please upload it using https://corona-renderer.com/upload
It will not be shared anywhere, and it will be used only for debugging.
We have also received some other reports about Xeon issues, and the first build with some improvements included should be out soon.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-17, 14:43:51
Reply #791

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Also, maybe it's just me but I just seem to find the images are more.. blurry? lately. I'm using pretty much standard settings, only displacement precision changed to 1. Also tried with adaptivity on/off, no difference. 2 light layers, sun and sky. Haven't touched the  reduce noise filtering, either.

Yes, it's not only you. I just noticed that as well. Also the reflective noise issue is becoming unbearable:( Problem is, denoiser doesn't seem to clear these fireflies as well as it did before. Something changed in this regard?

thanks

2017-10-17, 15:24:27
Reply #792

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having very strange isue with latest daily build RC8

The VFB screen goes black right after 5-6 pases and if i switch between renderlayers image apears back but just for 1 sec and turns back again.

What i have tryed:

- saving EXR - all layers are black exept for alphachanel
- disabaling lightmix - same

Completley no idea what is causing it it just apeared X_X
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-10-17, 15:26:23
Reply #793

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the same here...
just turn OFF bloom and glare option.
anyway I guess it should be fixed sa soon as posible.

The VFB screen goes black right after 5-6 pases and if i switch between renderlayers image apears back but just for 1 sec and turns back again.

What i have tryed:

2017-10-17, 15:28:00
Reply #794

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the same here...
just turn OFF bloom and glare option.
anyway I guess it should be fixed sa soon as posible.

What i have tryed:

Yea thanks, just found out that too =D

UPD - It looks like it apeared only after i have added portals to the windows.

UPD2 - also i have recived black artifacts after i have added portals.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-17, 16:10:09 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"