Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169118 times)

2017-10-10, 23:48:14
Reply #750

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it seems to me there are a few issues related to display drivers maybe. this could be related to my lag in the viewports and not rendering problems. just an idea...

2017-10-11, 03:44:51
Reply #751

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i dont know if this was discussed already but there's a slight difference in saturation of what you see in the "vfb" vs the "output render"... the vfb is more saturated... this is annoying when you want the colors to match the output render... the problem is the same when you use texture or just solid color.

corona rc8
3dsmax 2014
output gamma = 2.2

2017-10-11, 13:18:48
Reply #752

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
where are you opening the image? photoshop?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-11, 14:59:53
Reply #753

oncire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
where are you opening the image? photoshop?

both in PS and Default windows viewer

attach here are some testImage.. screenshot all of them ... just concentrate on the "land" ignore the bldgs

2017-10-11, 15:04:47
Reply #754

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is this behavior new to daily build ?

If it doesn't happen before, it's bug. If it happens always, that's just how it is, 3dsMax/Corona is not color-managed, so it will always saturate up to monitor's gamut, which will always be more then color-managed environment (Photoshop). Only way to solve that is by clamping your windows environment down to sRGB, which is not real-color managed solution, but ugly band-aid that... sorta works around the issue.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-11, 15:35:20
Reply #755

DKulakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Clipping...
3dsMax 2017, Corona 1.7 RC7

2017-10-11, 17:55:56
Reply #756

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. The changelog for RC8 says:
"Turned off flipping green in normal maps of some fabric and leather materials in Material Library (material data will be redownloaded)."

If I understand this correct, the changes is only in the materials, and NOT in the textures, so couldn't we possible only download and replace the matlib-file instead of the full material package?

I installed the RC8 with the use of a previously dowloaded material package, and can't see any changes, but I can easily make these changes myself, if you can be more accurate about them. I believe that "flipping green" should be OFF in all Leather materials using normal maps, and that the same goes for "Fabric Velvet Crushed" (just like it is originally in "Fabric Velvet"). Is that correct?

Regards

2017-10-12, 14:39:11
Reply #757

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you got to do something about this bug man, old files and new files reach a point where they don't render anymore, it has kept me sleepless for 3 weeks now!!!

2017-10-12, 14:43:57
Reply #758

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Does reseting render settings solve that or not?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-12, 14:55:33
Reply #759

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
resetting doesn't work, merging into new file doesn't work, files get corrupted on different machines at work and at home, deleting lights and render elements doesn't work, nothing works. been trying for three weeks. only thing that works is going back to an older version. the scene becomes laggy, and the render only shows 9s and cpu usage at 1 or 2 percent and that's it nothing but ending the process in task manager.
I am suspecting materials bug...
« Last Edit: 2017-10-12, 17:02:11 by ihabkal »

2017-10-12, 17:05:16
Reply #760

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
resetting doesn't work, merging into new file doesn't work, files get corrupted on different machines at work and at home, deleting lights and render elements doesn't work, nothing works. been trying for three weeks. only thing that works is going back to an older version. the scene becomes laggy, and the render only shows 9s and cpu usage at 1 or 2 percent and that's it nothing but ending the process in task manager.
I am suspecting materials bug...
Nothing like this happened to me so far, and I also don't recall any similar reports. Can you please send us any scene(s) where this is happening using https://corona-renderer.com/upload ?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-12, 17:35:10
Reply #761

JonG

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Running 1.7 RC8 at the moment but it's been happening since the first 1.7 build I tried. I'm getting weird differences in rendering on linked FBX objects from Revit. I've tried both PT and UHD with varying results. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using Max 2016 and a legit Corona license.

2017-10-12, 20:06:15
Reply #762

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
I'm having a problem when using the Corona Cam, everytime I have the Clipper on, the geometry starts to disappear when moving or panning in the viewport. like when you have issues with your graphic driver.
The problem seems to solve with a standard camara, so I'm guessing the problem is the corona cam.

3dsmax 2017. 1.7 RC8  win 10

2017-10-13, 05:32:19
Reply #763

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I just went back to RC5 because RC8 felt very unstable. combined with how unstable max18 still is, it was very frustrating.

2017-10-13, 11:31:01
Reply #764

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
If I understand this correct, the changes is only in the materials, and NOT in the textures, so couldn't we possible only download and replace the matlib-file instead of the full material package?
We do not offer any way how one can separately download just the material file (or any other part). Sorry. But yes, in this particular case replacing just the material file with the new one should be enough.

I will ask johnymrazko to answer the rest of your question.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload