Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 166831 times)

2017-10-09, 22:30:13
Reply #735

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With RC7 I'm having troubles with editing values with the keyboard in Corona materials and modifiers. Any number written with the keyboard changes to 0,00 when pressing "enter". Max stuff works as usual (materials, modifiers, etc.).

Has anybody els experienced this behavior?

2017-10-09, 23:00:44
Reply #736

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
With RC7 I'm having troubles with editing values with the keyboard in Corona materials and modifiers. Any number written with the keyboard changes to 0,00 when pressing "enter". Max stuff works as usual (materials, modifiers, etc.).

Has anybody els experienced this behavior?

Yes! I got the same problem in office today!

Dionysios -

2017-10-10, 03:56:01
Reply #737

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
no I didn't experience it, but its like that the bug is max version related.
mine is max 16 SP4, win 7 SP1.

2017-10-10, 08:44:23
Reply #738

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Yep, me too. But I was wondering if this is a Max issue instead of Corona.

edit: Max 2018 Update 3
« Last Edit: 2017-10-10, 09:42:44 by johan belmans »

2017-10-10, 09:16:47
Reply #739

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I experienced this in MaxDesign 2014 with latest SP, and haven't tried RC7 in other max-versions yet, but since these problems only occurs in Corona related stuff, it seems to be a Corona issue.

2017-10-10, 10:49:32
Reply #740

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
For me, RC7 is even worst than RC 5 and 6. I've got a slow mat.lib + mat.editor, slow updates on materials, random freezing of the whole max. I don't know what is related this but is annoying.
I had a slow material browser with RC 2 and RC 3 then this problem disappeared until RC7.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2017-10-10, 10:57:55
Reply #741

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@guys with values resetting to 0,00 - what is your decimal symbol in Windows settings?
win10 - https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/customize-numbers-format-on-windows-10.html
win7 - http://ccm.net/faq/13460-windows-7-decimal-symbol-replaced-by-a-comma

Is it point (.) or comma (,)? There were some similar issues in older versions of Corona, and maybe this is related.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-10, 11:10:15
Reply #742

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I experienced this in MaxDesign 2014 with latest SP, and haven't tried RC7 in other max-versions yet, but since these problems only occurs in Corona related stuff, it seems to be a Corona issue.
what I meant is I'm sure it is corona bug but doesn't happen in all max version.
and RC7 has two problems for me, I already report the first bug but the second I'm not so sure... the IR sometime seems too slow but it doesn't always happen and I cant reproduce it.

do you guys experience this slow IR too?

2017-10-10, 13:01:32
Reply #743

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning,
a question.
We have installed the new version (1.7 rc3 / 4/5), but we have some problems with 3D scenes.
If I make a new scene, I have no problems, but if I have to open an old image (made two weeks ago with 1.6.1), the software at the time of rendering stops and closes.

This happens to me with 90% of the scenes I've created with version 1.6.1

Any suggestions on this?
If I reinstall 1.6.1, I have no problem.

What happens?

THANKS

this is a problem for me too, and it is also happening with new scenes after I do something to them but I don't know what. I noticed today if I have missing maps and I do resource collector and make it change the maps location this makes the scene un-renderable but I am not sure... does this happen to you? I tried everything removing lights, removign render elements, merging scene into new one, resetting corona these old scenes won't render no matter what even merged without lights no luck. Also I noticed a big lag in navigating the viewport and doing anything in max even opening a menu from the top with these unrenderable scenes as if the graphics driver or card is affected, this lag does not happen with healthy scenes. installing 1.6.1 does not solve this for me too.

2017-10-10, 14:29:50
Reply #744

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@maru - I'm using comma

@Christa Noel - Yes. My two main issues with IR/render:
1) In some files the very first use of render or IR takes forever to start (more than a minut). Seems to be scene dependent.
2) Slow IR in generel, if "IR Subsampling" isn't set to 1 or turned off.

2017-10-10, 15:57:52
Reply #745

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
@guys with values resetting to 0,00 - what is your decimal symbol in Windows settings?
win10 - https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/customize-numbers-format-on-windows-10.html
win7 - http://ccm.net/faq/13460-windows-7-decimal-symbol-replaced-by-a-comma

Is it point (.) or comma (,)? There were some similar issues in older versions of Corona, and maybe this is related.

from 1.6 i had this kind os issue, in windows to separate decimal i use point, sometimes in the rollout rendering tab and also in the modifier tab it switch to comma...

now i have another problem, i'm tring to move a corona camera by the tab of move but all the number ar blinking and i cannot change nothing...
Fat biker bounce better

2017-10-10, 16:00:14
Reply #746

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
now i have another problem, i'm tring to move a corona camera by the tab of move but all the number ar blinking and i cannot change nothing...

Is your camera's cone set to other than none? If so, set it to none and see if that helps.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-10, 17:10:35
Reply #747

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization

Is your camera's cone set to other than none? If so, set it to none and see if that helps.

i can move the camera only when the cone i never show..
Fat biker bounce better

2017-10-10, 20:55:20
Reply #748

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

set your target distance to 20 feet or more and try again.

2017-10-10, 22:44:59
Reply #749

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization

set your target distance to 20 feet or more and try again.

here there is a video to show you what happens..:)
Fat biker bounce better