Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169054 times)

2017-09-21, 20:41:16
Reply #600

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hate to say it but Corona_2017-09-20 build has the same slow render problems i had in post-Corona_2017-09-14 builds on my dual 2696 v3's.

2017-09-21, 21:38:32
Reply #601

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you, it should be fixed now.

Great. Will this fix be applied to the next RC?

2017-09-22, 02:47:09
Reply #602

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive been having major issues with proxies in DR whereby they arent rendering correctly and appearing semi-transparent.  When i convert them back to polys then it works fine.
Anyone else experiencing this?

2017-09-22, 04:29:59
Reply #603

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In order to fix this, I had to use UNC paths instead and it worked fine.  Seems as though the proxies arent transferring over DR like normal textures are.

Ive been having major issues with proxies in DR whereby they arent rendering correctly and appearing semi-transparent.  When i convert them back to polys then it works fine.
Anyone else experiencing this?

2017-09-22, 04:52:28
Reply #604

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Great work guys. I really like the new features and material library.

some issues in 19th Sept build:

- Corona camera view becomes blank white when create a copy from another one.

- Corona camera auto vertical tilt is not working automatically in viewport when move the camera. I should turn it off and on to see it again in viewport

- Alpha is missing from cxr when I open it on CIE. I know that it maybe an old issue but it was working when I add it as element but now it is not. All other elements are working as expected except the alpha.

- Missing assets message in DR specially when using Hdri.

I didn't test  RC1 yet. but also I didn't see any of these issues solved in release changelog.

Thanks

Hi,

what 3ds max version are you using?

3ds max 2016

2017-09-22, 09:19:42
Reply #605

Sleax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tested lates 1.7 RC1 on my scene wich was slow on render using 1.7 daily builds on my dual Xeons 2696 v3 and it still rendering a bit slow with about 1mln rays. Here is screen

Can you please share the scene for testing? See the private uploader link in my signature for a way to share the scene with us privately.
Hello, i've uploaded the scene. Thanks

2017-09-22, 09:53:06
Reply #606

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Some other issues :

- Corona material library performance is slow when assigning material to object. It freezes max for 5 seconds or more.

- Sampling Hdri is very slow. I should use noise limit 1.5 or 1.0 to clean up noise. Noise limits of 3 and 3.5 are producing a lot of noise. I'm not sure about the reason is it from corona itself or hdri or my scene has something wrong but it is the same in other scenes. Its OK if I will use artificial lights with it but if I want to create a pure daylight interior scene it will take a huge render time to clean up the noise. Even with using Denoising of 0.6 value the noise is not acceptable.

Thanks

2017-09-22, 10:37:54
Reply #607

Alex Darby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visoo
Seem to be missing maps from Corona Library Materials in existing scene, after installing RC 1.

2017-09-22, 10:47:45
Reply #608

pdaniun

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There seems to be no preview for clipping planes in the CoronaCamera and no DOF preview.

The MatLlib materials are nor consistent in mapping scale type - Real-world or Tiled. Some maps are simply tiled, others are mapped with Triplanar Map, forcing real scale mapping. For example the Fabric Silk Damask has two at the same type - Tiled for Diffuse and Reflection, Triplanar for Bump.

Still no denoising of Unassigned LightMix elements.

Otherwise - GREAT WORK GUYS! WOW! AMAZING! LOVE! PEACE! ...drugs and Rock and Roll :-)

2017-09-22, 11:21:16
Reply #609

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
There seems to be no preview for clipping planes in the CoronaCamera and no DOF preview.

What 3ds Max version are you using?

The MatLlib materials are nor consistent in mapping scale type - Real-world or Tiled. Some maps are simply tiled, others are mapped with Triplanar Map, forcing real scale mapping. For example the Fabric Silk Damask has two at the same type - Tiled for Diffuse and Reflection, Triplanar for Bump.

The general idea was to have a triplanar for easier mapping for materials where there's no inherent directionality (like silk). The rest where directionality actually matters (like wood) don't use triplanar and have to be mapped explicitly.

2017-09-22, 12:05:06
Reply #610

pdaniun

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What 3ds Max version are you using?

I'm using Max 2017.

The general idea was to have a triplanar for easier mapping for materials where there's no inherent directionality (like silk). The rest where directionality actually matters (like wood) don't use triplanar and have to be mapped explicitly.

Ah, I see. That results in UVW Mapping scaling the pattern, in case of silk, whlist bump mapping remains the same. Nice :-)

2017-09-22, 12:20:19
Reply #611

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi all.

With the latest 20 Sept. build, draging materials from Corona Material library to the Material Editor doesn't work!

Do you confirm?

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi, could you be more explicit? Which Max version? Which material cannot be dropped? Maybe just the mouse cursor is wrong and dropping the material still works. We currently cannot control the cursor type while doing a drag&drop from MatLib. Dropping should still work even if the cursor "says" the opposite.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-24, 16:24:01
Reply #612

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Hi, in the last daily have you maybe change all the name of the preset material texture?
Fat biker bounce better

2017-09-24, 17:33:48
Reply #613

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi, in the last daily have you maybe change all the name of the preset material texture?

Yes they did. Assets names were shortened by users demand.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-24, 17:44:40
Reply #614

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rc 1, still, assigning materials from matlib takes
A lot of time, up to 10 seconds even...
Any news on that matter?