Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169636 times)

2017-09-16, 20:36:42
Reply #510

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When adding Ornatrix modifier, an unexpected error occurs when I press the render button. The error remains when adding a modifier CoronaHairMod

2017-09-16, 21:59:25
Reply #511

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys, 2 things i have noticed :
1. applying materials from the corona materials pack takes a long time, like couple of seconds...is it normal?
2. something i had from couple of builds before also : in the vfb, i usualy scroll with the mousewheel over the "beauty" and render elements selection area,
    to jump between them and view them. but now even if im above this area, the scrolling does a zoom in and out in the vfb...can this be fixed?

still, best renderer ever !!

2017-09-16, 23:10:29
Reply #512

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the interactive render is updated when moving in the projection windows (front, top ...) when using coronacam. "build_15_09_17"

2017-09-17, 07:53:05
Reply #513

erick3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
humm seems i have a little problem on max 2016 ..library just show some materials.....But works on 2017  (2016 on left, 2017 on right)

Can u help to fix it? thanks !

2017-09-17, 09:57:09
Reply #514

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
humm seems i have a little problem on max 2016 ..library just show some materials.....But works on 2017  (2016 on left, 2017 on right)

Different builds perhaps? If it's not the case, then try to reinstall latest build (sep 15) and make sure it will download additional material library files during installation.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-17, 12:20:49
Reply #515

erick3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nope same build 15 september...redownloaded and reinstalled same problem.
Anyway not a big problem for me....

2017-09-17, 15:24:31
Reply #516

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
applying materials from the corona materials pack takes a long time, like couple of seconds...is it normal?
amitshneor, i would like to inspect it - please, can you share the scene and tell me which material are you dropping and where? You can use our private uploader for that: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-17, 15:58:52
Reply #517

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

Hi, the left screenshot is definitely from an old daily build (perhaps the first one where the Material Library has been released). The screenshots are from the same computer?

Maybe something is wrong with your installation. Please try to remove Corona via "Add or remove programs" in Control Panel, then manually erase everything in C:\Program Files\Corona, and then install latest daily with Material Library and Max 2016 and 2017 plugins enabled (just make sure, all should enabled by default).
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-17, 15:59:24
Reply #518

jop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm really impressed with last build speed increase !
However I can clearly see a color tint shift.
Even more strange is that it seems there is time shifting too.
It's a PFlow scene, don't know if it's related.

Here is a simple noisy test :

Edit :
Forget about the color shift, it appears only when viewing jpgs here on my mac, not in max or in browser.
But still strange, has jpeg saving changed ? A color profile thing or something ?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-17, 16:47:07 by jop »

2017-09-17, 16:19:52
Reply #519

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thanks for this build (2017-09-14(2))!
Could you tell me, is Corona material library still doesn't work with Max2014, or I just can't find the way how to start it?
The library should work for Max 2015 and newer. We are still working on support of Max 2012-2014.

Thanks.
I don't know how the library should looks (if I got it right it should be something like Siger's plugin), but I found .mat file which I can't open it in ME either, because it saved with newer version of Max. But I'm really interested to try those materials because I've seen thumbnails and they look good :) Is it possible at least for now to save this .mat file with the 12-14 versions of Max to give us possibility to try your nice materials using regular ME/SME?
As I have said, we are still working on 2012-2014 support. We have to backport the materials themselves to 2012. Stay tuned!

2017-09-17, 16:23:40
Reply #520

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, the left screenshot is definitely from an old daily build (perhaps the first one where the Material Library has been released). The screenshots are from the same computer?

Maybe something is wrong with your installation. Please try to remove Corona via "Add or remove programs" in Control Panel, then manually erase everything in C:\Program Files\Corona, and then install latest daily with Material Library and Max 2016 and 2017 plugins enabled (just make sure, all should enabled by default).

2. delete the folder C:\Program Files\Corona (in older versions, not all was deleted)

2017-09-17, 18:00:04
Reply #521

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Very impressed with the size of the new library! Great work guys.

A request would be to have a "settings button" or tab where we could change the asset path. I.e. put the material folder on a network drive and link to that so it's shareable on the network and nodes can access maps. Just like with Siger Shaders.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-09-17, 18:40:59
Reply #522

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
applying materials from the corona materials pack takes a long time, like couple of seconds...is it normal?
amitshneor, i would like to inspect it - please, can you share the scene and tell me which material are you dropping and where? You can use our private uploader for that: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Actually , its in every scene, even a teapot alone, just takes like 5 seconds to assign materials...

2017-09-17, 19:14:37
Reply #523

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm really impressed with last build speed increase !
However I can clearly see a color tint shift.
Even more strange is that it seems there is time shifting too.
It's a PFlow scene, don't know if it's related.

Here is a simple noisy test :

Edit :
Forget about the color shift, it appears only when viewing jpgs here on my mac, not in max or in browser.
But still strange, has jpeg saving changed ? A color profile thing or something ?

nothing about saving was changed, or could even be changed, because saving is done by 3dsmax, not corona ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-17, 21:01:33
Reply #524

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't tried the latest daily yet, just a quick question: are the textures in the material library "real world" size?

there is tiling set to default 1/1 on maps that are directional (eg. wood) and triplanar maps used for maps that donĀ“t have specified direction - like fabrics, scratches etc, and no, they are not "real world" size

Ok, thanks. I've been using real world map size for so long that I forget how the tiling mode works. I usually just slap a box uvw-modifier with real world map size on buildings etc and all my materials just work. Will the same happen with the materials in the material library?