Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169589 times)

2017-09-04, 13:04:08
Reply #390

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sorry but I don't have time to do this. This is not a bug that I should be fixing for you it is your software and your business. it is a major flaw, akin to Corona shooting itself in the foot

Jeez, man, calm down. No one asked you to fix anything, just to reported where everyone reports bugs.
Besides, no one forced you to use daily builds, have you read this:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Always make backups of important projects! Daily builds may contain unfinished features and may not be stable - they may damage your scenes, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

I am pretty calm for someone who wasted a day on this. you confuse my helping you to figure this out with whatever.
Plus I figured someone would say this so I have an answer ready : giving us new features in daily builds is akin to putting a horny teenager in locked room with a naked lady.

I really do not have to participate in this forum I am doing everyone a service by spending time troubleshooting this. if you find otherwise let me know you won't see me here again.

2017-09-04, 13:04:23
Reply #391

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Results are in: the stratified sampler got me a very crystal clean image denoised to perfection, not that it needed much denoising. 6K wide image with 200 samples using 10 computers took 2 hrs plus denoising time, denoising time was about 8 minutes, it was 16 minutes with the new sampler and then it failed.

2017-09-04, 13:07:26
Reply #392

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's why using DBs in production is not recommended in the first place. Also no need to be hostile, that's what DBs are for, testing new features and making sure that they are fixed if someone comes across a problem. It's really in your own interest to submit a small repro case so it can be addressed. And once it's fixed you're able to use the sampler of your choice without issues.

2017-09-04, 13:07:59
Reply #393

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you confuse my helping you to figure this out with whatever.

You confuse me with someone employed at Corona :D

2017-09-04, 13:09:08
Reply #394

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's why using DBs in production is not recommended in the first place. Also no need to be hostile, that's what DBs are for, testing new features and making sure that they are fixed if someone comes across a problem. It's really in your own interest to submit a small repro case so it can be addressed. And once it's fixed you're able to use the sampler of your choice without issues.

can we stop with calling me hostile?, this is passive aggressive from your side.

2017-09-04, 13:10:46
Reply #395

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you confuse my helping you to figure this out with whatever.

You confuse me with someone employed at Corona :D

it doesn't matter we are all one team whether we work at Corona or not, aren't we troubleshooting these daily builds? whatever anyone of us does affects all of us.

2017-09-04, 13:14:06
Reply #396

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it doesn't matter we are all one team whether we work at Corona or not, aren't we troubleshooting these daily builds?

I guess you're that one "i" in team.

2017-09-04, 13:15:41
Reply #397

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it doesn't matter we are all one team whether we work at Corona or not, aren't we troubleshooting these daily builds?

I guess you're that one "i" in team.

I don't understand?

2017-09-04, 13:17:43
Reply #398

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't understand?

Never mind, happy rendering!

2017-09-04, 13:19:33
Reply #399

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
we need this fixed I have 6 high res image sand 3 animations to render please
I attached a render I think it explains what is happening, I rendered this to CXR with gathering data fro denoising and denoised in corona image editor, it seems corona is not gathering the denoising data  from render nodes.

Could you please file a bug report on Mantis? That way we're sure not to forget about this bug and you'll be informed about any progress. Also please save the data sent by DR slaves to master and attach it to the bug report. You can save the data by checking the "retain EXRs" checkbox in render setup DR rollout.

I am sorry but I don't have time to do this. This is not a bug that I should be fixing for you it is your software and your business. it is a major flaw, akin to Corona shooting itself in the foot, it is like a Trojan horse that Vray sneaked in, the code for the sampler is buggy enough to be unusable in production, and it prevents rollbacks.
The stratified sample is slower, but at 200 passes it is so much cleaner to a point where it barely needs denoising, while the new vray sampler is so dirty especially in corners. the time saving is 10 minutes or 15 minutes off 2hrs of rendering.
One of the main reasons I moved from Corona to Vray is the Corona had a predictable behavior. You start introducing approximations into it and it is no longer what we want. With Corona I can render animations with moving objects using path tracing with 40 passes and it will be cleaned by the denoiser and the only flickerign I have is with bloom and glare which i can turn off while with vray you need more time to render the same thing with brute force to remove the flickering.
And another thing is I myself have been looking for a partner for the last 20 years, with my wife telling me to play by myself it is safer, I looked everywhere and after 20 years she is right. Same with Corona you do not need Vray they will smile at you and stab you in the back believe me. I am older than you I have seen life you have been doing great so far on your own but now you invited the big grizzly bear into your cave.

Hello, you don't have time to report a bug, yet you have time to complain about it. Expecting developers to fix it when they don't have the core files that are needed to do so. It would be for the benefit of all the community if you would change your mind about that.

Your concerns about the merge seem to be coming from your experience and care, please consider having bit more confidence in developers competence. They were doing good till now, lets see some results of the new model before we judge.

That brings me, where is the new daily?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-09-04, 14:33:36
Reply #400

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I banned ihabkal for 24 hours to calm down, so everyone else, please stop attacking him. Hopefully he will have good nights sleep on this and come back tomorrow willing to cooperate on fixing the bug. In the meantime we assigned an engineer to investigate
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-04, 14:34:02
Reply #401

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
new daily... let me merge camera  and skin first ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-04, 14:59:54
Reply #402

Alex Darby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visoo
Ondra: What can we look forward to? Is the change log in the installation.

2017-09-04, 15:00:49
Reply #403

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
next daily is basically CoronaCamera + CoronaSkinMtl. Also we will fix the DR+DMC bug, Martin just found the problem

2017-09-04, 15:02:38
Reply #404

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
CoronaSkinMtl - yaaaaaaay!