Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169583 times)

2017-08-30, 12:04:33
Reply #375

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
long long time ago i asked for vrayHdri's Inverse gamma in coronaBitmap but it seems no one really need it except me

2017-08-30, 12:08:16
Reply #376

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Could you tell me, please, which parameter of standard/Corona bitmap loader do the same job as Inverse gamma parameter of Vray HDRI map?

You can get exactly the same result using:
-gamma in the 3ds max Color Correction node
-override gamma when loading a bitmap in 3ds max
-additionally there is a gamma spinner in Corona Output map since 1.6
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-30, 12:44:40
Reply #377

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can get exactly the same result using:
-gamma in the 3ds max Color Correction node
-override gamma when loading a bitmap in 3ds max
-additionally there is a gamma spinner in Corona Output map since 1.6

Thanks Maru. I just was thinking, that I miss something in CoronaBitmap loader. But anyway, thanks for the idea to use Corona Output map, it didn't come to my mind :)

2017-08-30, 16:55:09
Reply #378

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Using parts of Vray or any other renderer than Corona will (currently ;) ) sooner or later result in some unexpected troubles. For example, Vray HDRI is known to cause flickering in animations, even when using path tracing only. The features of Vray HDRI can be easily achieved using the standard/Corona bitmap loader.

I will say, I always used the VrayHDRI, but I tried the Corona bitmap the other day with it and the gamma/output values worked much better with it. Was much easier to get the right values than using the VrayHDRI. Don't know if I was setting something incorrectly all this time (I was following Peter's articles on it for the last couple of years) but from now on I'm using the Corona bitmap.

2017-08-30, 20:39:32
Reply #379

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
When you load the image there is a gamma override attribute in Max's file loader.

Or, and this is more preferable, correct the gamma in any decent image editing program then just load it in straight.

2017-08-31, 00:37:50
Reply #380

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 but from now on I'm using the Corona bitmap.
[/quote]

the Corona Bitmap is really great it has only one flaw the resource collector in max can't see the maps so I have to switch to regular then to corona bitmap via the script to collect all maps.

2017-08-31, 09:58:21
Reply #381

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Collect Asset script works perfectly well with CoronaBitmap.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-08-31, 18:09:31
Reply #382

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, what about Corona Toolbar? it would be awesome to have it with installer...

2017-09-04, 05:58:04
Reply #383

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I kinda can confirm this - it seems that in Aug 22 build denoising working inconcistently. I had one occasion where i have to rerender one shot for denoiser to be able properly do its job.

can confirm denoising issues here too.
single pc rendering less noise than DR

2017-09-04, 09:33:23
Reply #384

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
can also confirm that you cannot open files saved with latest daily build if you reinstall 1.6.2
hopefully will be openable with future versions...

2017-09-04, 10:24:43
Reply #385

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we need this fixed I have 6 high res image sand 3 animations to render please
I attached a render I think it explains what is happening, I rendered this to CXR with gathering data fro denoising and denoised in corona image editor, it seems corona is not gathering the denoising data  from render nodes.

2017-09-04, 10:40:41
Reply #386

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I attached a render I think it explains what is happening, I rendered this to CXR with gathering data fro denoising and denoised in corona image editor, it seems corona is not gathering the denoising data  from render nodes.

Could you please file a bug report on Mantis? That way we're sure not to forget about this bug and you'll be informed about any progress. Also please save the data sent by DR slaves to master and attach it to the bug report. You can save the data by checking the "retain EXRs" checkbox in render setup DR rollout.

2017-09-04, 11:04:02
Reply #387

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could you please file a bug report on Mantis? That way we're sure not to forget about this bug and you'll be informed about any progress. Also please save the data sent by DR slaves to master and attach it to the bug report. You can save the data by checking the "retain EXRs" checkbox in render setup DR rollout.

I think I fixed the problem with denoising and DR, guys all you have to do is disable the new improved sampler and go back to the old stratified sampler, I tried the same region and it worked and now I am rendering the full res which would take a few hours I will let you know the results.

2017-09-04, 12:55:06
Reply #388

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I am sorry but I don't have time to do this. This is not a bug that I should be fixing for you it is your software and your business. it is a major flaw, akin to Corona shooting itself in the foot, it is like a Trojan horse that Vray sneaked in, the code for the sampler is buggy enough to be unusable in production, and it prevents rollbacks.
The stratified sample is slower, but at 200 passes it is so much cleaner to a point where it barely needs denoising, while the new vray sampler is so dirty especially in corners. the time saving is 10 minutes or 15 minutes off 2hrs of rendering.
One of the main reasons I moved from Corona to Vray is the Corona had a predictable behavior. You start introducing approximations into it and it is no longer what we want. With Corona I can render animations with moving objects using path tracing with 40 passes and it will be cleaned by the denoiser and the only flickerign I have is with bloom and glare which i can turn off while with vray you need more time to render the same thing with brute force to remove the flickering.
And another thing is I myself have been looking for a partner for the last 20 years, with my wife telling me to play by myself it is safer, I looked everywhere and after 20 years she is right. Same with Corona you do not need Vray they will smile at you and stab you in the back believe me. I am older than you I have seen life you have been doing great so far on your own but now you invited the big grizzly bear into your cave.

2017-09-04, 13:00:21
Reply #389

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sorry but I don't have time to do this. This is not a bug that I should be fixing for you it is your software and your business. it is a major flaw, akin to Corona shooting itself in the foot

Jeez, man, calm down. No one asked you to fix anything, just to report where everyone reports bugs.
Besides, no one forced you to use daily builds, have you read this:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Always make backups of important projects! Daily builds may contain unfinished features and may not be stable - they may damage your scenes, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds
« Last Edit: 2017-09-04, 13:05:38 by blank... »