Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169391 times)

2017-07-18, 12:21:15
Reply #195

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I *think* that if you sign up with Trello you can subscribe to lists, so you would get automatic notifications every time something is changed.
I am getting those, but not sure about others, outside of the "company account".
I'm an "outsider" but I have trello account and subscribed to corona trello and always get notification by email :)

2017-07-21, 14:21:44
Reply #196

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
with the latest corona build, I cannot create a rug/carpet with max hair&fur just like in corona 1.6 before.. the base object is invisible, and the furs diffuse cant use the applied material. did I miss something?
and the scene compatibility, crash when I open the latest build scene with 1.6.1

2017-07-21, 14:47:48
Reply #197

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
and the scene compatibility, crash when I open the latest build scene with 1.6.1

IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU TEST:
Due to the significant changes in 1.7, scenes saved with 1.7 are NOT backwards compatible with 1.6.1 - if you save a scene using the 1.7 daily builds, you will not be able to open it with 1.6 or 1.6.1 installed.

As for H&F, you have to assign new hair material to it in mr parameters rollout, then duplicate base object and delete H&F modifier to be able to render it. As for hair coloration, taht is currently unsupported in combination with H&F.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-07-22, 03:54:01
Reply #198

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE YOU TEST:
Due to the significant changes in 1.7, scenes saved with 1.7 are NOT backwards compatible with 1.6.1 - if you save a scene using the 1.7 daily builds, you will not be able to open it with 1.6 or 1.6.1 installed.
jeezs, I missed that thread =( eventhough merge way is possible but crashes is always super annoying.
As for H&F, you have to assign new hair material to it in mr parameters rollout, then duplicate base object and delete H&F modifier to be able to render it. As for hair coloration, taht is currently unsupported in combination with H&F.
that sounds like the convenient way to create a rug/carpet with h&f is already gone. and then, now I'm ready to sleep and dream for the solution.
thanks romulus

2017-07-24, 05:12:55
Reply #199

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seem to have an issue with Corona Converter 1.36 and MAX2017 (upto date)

It doesnt seem to convert all materials (from sketchup import) to Corona unless i load them into material editor
Conversion picks up some but not all
Conversion is set to ALL

dont get any messages about ADSK materials.
Is it just me, or does everyone get this.

2017-07-24, 10:36:56
Reply #200

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What kind of materials are you importing? Here is a list of materials supported for conversion: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-24, 19:44:05
Reply #201

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems Corona DR with 50 % slowing with this version !

2017-07-24, 21:30:22
Reply #202

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
is it me or today's daily is a lot more ram-hungrier than the previous one ? cannot say nothing about speedup yet - heavy exterior scene lots of geo so it goes slow either way, need to do some dedicated tests but cannot spare the time for it right now.

2017-07-24, 22:25:40
Reply #203

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, there is increased memory usage expected, but only 5-15%. We decided this is a good trade for double speed ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-24, 23:55:15
Reply #204

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hmm I observed ram usage increase from 28-30gigs of ram up to 42gigs on that scene i'm working on - not a big deal but seems to be on 15%++ side of things yet speed increase is surely worth it )) Anyway that scene of mine uses some proxies, some forestpack objects and some displacement - well the usual wip mess of a scene so it's hard to tell what can be chewing that additional ram + one strange thing I observed while doing some 4k preview rendering of it - scene started to render using some amount of ram then it did displacement + secondary gi and went up to 42gigs (well more or less the usual thing) then it rendered to around 4 passes (around 10 min or something) using those 42gig and then, suddenly, while rendering 5th pass it jumped down to 36gigs - never seen Corona behave like this - maybe it's something wrong on my end and that initial bigger than +15% ram consumption increase difference I'm observing is not normal after all.

2017-07-25, 01:30:50
Reply #205

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What kind of materials are you importing? Here is a list of materials supported for conversion: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

They come in as standard materials from sketchup
they do convert but only when loaded into the material editor
so you have to keep running the convert script

Update
found selecting everything and changing to materials of selected materials converts most of them
leaving the odd straggler that has be loaded into material editor
« Last Edit: 2017-07-25, 03:48:57 by jacobhutson »

2017-07-25, 06:08:08
Reply #206

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We use Thinkbox Deadline here in the studio.
When we send a DR job to deadline it needs to be run as workstation mode (basically takes a network licence as if you manually rendered it), to get it the DR nodes to contribute to the Render.

Is this the expected behaviour. Is it the same in Backburner or can you slave render a job in DR.?
I am using 9.0.1.1 of Deadline + 11July DB.

It would be much better if you can render DR in slave mode.

2017-07-25, 08:54:53
Reply #207

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did I understand this right that, based on the latest db release notes, Rounded Edges will not take into account foreign objects anymore?

2017-07-25, 09:22:40
Reply #208

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-25, 10:59:20
Reply #209

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Holy crap, that's bad for me. I've finally found a perfect way to simulate some good looking stuff and now it's gone... I had no issues whatsoever. Is it possible to add foreign objects handling or at least keep the old map in legacy mode?