Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169612 times)

2017-05-22, 23:54:08
Reply #60

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With latest daily (2017-05-15) max crashes continously while loading scenes.
Does it happen to me only? Going back to official 1.6 release everything works smoothtly.
minidump?
I'll install daily again and let you know if it happens again with a dump this time.

2017-05-23, 18:58:31
Reply #61

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra. Installed todays build, and found that the Material Converter didn't show latest version because the lack of "_v1.36" in the name.

Regards

2017-05-24, 07:45:51
Reply #62

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will there be a 1.6.1 with these latest fixes (like legacy rounded edges), or should I use the latest daily? Is it considered "stable"? I've been waiting for a fix for the rounded edges before updating our farm and workstations.

2017-05-24, 09:01:31
Reply #63

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Will there be a 1.6.1 with these latest fixes (like legacy rounded edges), or should I use the latest daily? Is it considered "stable"? I've been waiting for a fix for the rounded edges before updating our farm and workstations.
the current daily will be released as hotfix if everything goes well. Right now we are testing it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-05-24, 11:56:18
Reply #64

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I found minor isue with adaptive noise calculation, seems like the noise from caustics generated by secondary bounces from reflective surfaces such as mirrors high reflective mirrors are not being calculated in noise treshhold.

For example we have interior with a wall covered in mirror and only artaficial lithing (hallway) and caustic noise will remain even after 100-200 pases nevertheles noise treshold will say that the image is clear out of noise.

And a little tweak along to skip this situation if someone will have problems with it - Use rayswitch with simple gray corona mtl for GI on large mirrors to prevent caustics generation or metalish material with blurred reflections to make caustics softer and easier to sample.

In attachment explanation images.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-05-24, 20:36:21
Reply #65

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry but where is Daily build dropbox ?
Thanks

2017-05-24, 21:00:56
Reply #66

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-05-24, 21:24:17
Reply #67

BorderLine

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks !

2017-05-25, 10:05:23
Reply #68

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember reading that substance materials were unstable while using the IPR in 1.5.2, was this fixed in 1.6?

2017-05-25, 15:44:02
Reply #69

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The error message is still there in 1.6 if you add a Substance material to the scene, so I would advise caution:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000675860
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-05-25, 16:49:41
Reply #70

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The error message is still there in 1.6 if you add a Substance material to the scene, so I would advise caution:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000675860

Ok, thanks. Pity.

2017-05-27, 13:41:06
Reply #71

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1.Exist problem with saving by default DR slaves names list///
For new scenes Every time needed to write names of the servers in list tab or load this from file or making "Search LAN" option, after restarting 3d max or opening scenes///
In vray, for example,the once-entered names remain forever, even after restarting 3dmax and create new scene////

2.Also exist problem with /Gather Data for DeNoise filter///
It's simple not working, not saving data for DeNoise filter for later working with image in Corona Image Editor ///
3.Also very useful may be option or button for --  Remove --   LightMix elements from scene---- (if exist option "Setup LightMix"/ :) Instead of doing this manually.:)
For example--- after baking Lightmix to scene lights///
 For faster working with Denoise /Apply only for Beauty pass/ and
cxr. file size, and after adding new light's in scene, and etc,etc,etc.///

max 2017, Corona DB 15 2017

« Last Edit: 2017-05-27, 15:10:23 by denisgo22 »

2017-05-29, 11:01:16
Reply #72

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
1.Exist problem with saving by default DR slaves names list///
For new scenes Every time needed to write names of the servers in list tab or load this from file or making "Search LAN" option, after restarting 3d max or opening scenes///
In vray, for example,the once-entered names remain forever, even after restarting 3dmax and create new scene////

2.Also exist problem with /Gather Data for DeNoise filter///
It's simple not working, not saving data for DeNoise filter for later working with image in Corona Image Editor ///
3.Also very useful may be option or button for --  Remove --   LightMix elements from scene---- (if exist option "Setup LightMix"/ :) Instead of doing this manually.:)
For example--- after baking Lightmix to scene lights///
 For faster working with Denoise /Apply only for Beauty pass/ and
cxr. file size, and after adding new light's in scene, and etc,etc,etc.///

max 2017, Corona DB 15 2017
ad 2: does it happen all the time? or only in some particular scene? what the editor tells you when you try to denoise the image?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-05-29, 11:53:56
Reply #73

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

The list (+state) is stored in the scene files, it should be there when opening scenes just as you saved them. If not, it´s a indeed a bug, I never had that problem though.

You can additionally put nodes into your MaxStart.max file which is automatically loaded when you start max or when doing a "Reset" from the max menu (not when selecting "New"/"New all"). Or maybe feed some template with them.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-06-01, 11:37:31
Reply #74

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dai-ly! Dai-ly! Dai-ly!