Author Topic: Weird material behavior when using Backplates  (Read 2864 times)

2017-01-17, 12:22:22

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
Hello!

As far as I remember this bug was existing also a long time ago in Corona, but I think in previous versions (1.4 for example) the behavior was not that bad. After installing 1.5, unfortunately it got worse and now we have this problem almost all the time. I have attached a crop where you can see the problem:

Light behavior when the backplate is active

Light behavior when the backplate is hidden

In the wood material I removed all the details, it is just a diffuse map and a glossiness value. When the glossiness value is 1.0, or close to it, than there is no problem, but once I start to lower it just a bit (around 0.8) the artifacts appear. The backplate is set up as it should be, I get the same results with the rayswitch material and with the coronalight material also.

I remember that previously this problem appeared mainly in interior scenes when the thin option was not enabled on the window glass materials. Now this problem occurs almost all the time :/
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2017-01-17, 13:07:39
Reply #1

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-01-17, 14:37:20
Reply #2

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
I don't have the chance unfortunately now to try it out, but in previous versions I think the behavior was different. Before we only encountered this problem a couple of times where we managed to find a workaround. Now this problem appears in almost every single project which is quite a big issue (especially that we are talking about just simply using a backplate in the scene which is mapped on a cylinder). But thanks for letting me know about the other topic, I will also keep an eye on that.
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2017-01-17, 15:56:42
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
file received: 1503-03-HOE-i-05_Hus-C_Apt-163_image_bluehour.zip
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)