Author Topic: light leak in corona 1.5.2  (Read 13608 times)

2016-12-12, 08:49:47
Reply #15

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I've reported the bug. Let's hope it will be handled soon.

I seriously hope that this will end in a Corona version 1.5.3. We had also lots of problems with the UHD cache in recent projects. At the moment there is just no 1.5.x version where all the basics just work :-/

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-12-12, 10:35:59
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I've reported the bug. Let's hope it will be handled soon.

I seriously hope that this will end in a Corona version 1.5.3. We had also lots of problems with the UHD cache in recent projects. At the moment there is just no 1.5.x version where all the basics just work :-/

Good Luck

I wouldn't hold my breath on it. This behaviour is present since alpha versions. I doubt it will become priority to improve, just because Rawalanche finally reported it :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-12, 10:41:32
Reply #17

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
If you compare scene(s) to Corona 1.4 you will see in many cases: 1.4 works, 1.5.x doesn´t. There is a huge difference especially with animation preset and not only with reflective surfaces. We haven´t had such problems with Corona 1.4 at all.

Good Luck

2016-12-12, 11:39:15
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Based on Frood's and others' reports, we will definitely need to take a close look at how the UHD Cache performs in Corona 1.5, and how it handles some extreme cases specifically. I'd just like to assure you that the issue is acknowledged!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-12, 12:19:17
Reply #19

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
Ugh! So this is why I was getting all these garbage leaks lately! It was becoming really annoying :(

A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...

2016-12-12, 13:23:41
Reply #20

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
So this is why I was getting all these garbage leaks lately!

Not necessarily. It could still "only" be some v1.5 infested scene. If your UHD cache is set to 0.4 at the moment (thanks to romullus for the hint), it´s most likely that you can fix this by a reset of render settings with v1.5.2 or using string options, see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13823.msg90038.html#msg90038

Good Luck

2016-12-12, 13:48:28
Reply #21

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
From what I understand, only difference between 1.4 and 1.5 was that UHDcache settings corruption.

That other issue, with splotches on reflective surfaces, that one is present ever since Alpha. So if you have some worse UHDcache experience between in 1.5 compared to 1.4, and it is not related to the UHDcache settings corruption bug, then that is very strange :|