Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524869 times)

2020-05-15, 17:28:01
Reply #840

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I already wrote about this earlier
more correct work with highlights
Shadow correction in Input Lut Log mode
support OCIO / ACES / ICC

If it supports ACES and you can save the image as DNG like a camera (like what Juraj said), I'd be happy. Then you can treat Corona as a camera and do the post production elsewhere.

2020-05-15, 19:41:00
Reply #841

vblackrender.

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- coming up: new bloom and glare - helps make things more realistic
- coming up: new secondary light solver - faster rendering, no flickering
- coming up: blue noise dithering - faster rendering
- and more

This sounds like music in my ears!

I personally do a lot of animations and "no flickering" sounds amazing always and faster rendertimes means faster rendering frames for anims.

2020-07-30, 22:54:20
Reply #843

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Please Please please add back the Curvature Map plan for Corona 7 (which was taken away from the update 6 back to consideration in Trello) ....or improve Corona AO for.
It is really hard to use Corona AO in its current state for hard edges mask in maps. If you make it to strong, the AO map will make every edge have shading, so the only solution is soft edges which are difficult to control. I use this feature so much for quick materials that don't need extensive texture work.

This is my most wanted feature right now, because its something I use almost every day and it's not behaving great.

2020-08-22, 20:15:50
Reply #844

arjitmehra

• Users
    • View Profile
Might be a stupid question, but is there any possibility of having an "Interactive Lightmix" but for Textures? Like how we can change the intensity and temperature of lights without the  needing to be rendered. I think it would be great to change textures on the fly like ILM.

2020-08-26, 16:03:36
Reply #845

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removing implemented feature: Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2020-08-26, 16:22:43
Reply #846

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Might be a stupid question, but is there any possibility of having an "Interactive Lightmix" but for Textures? Like how we can change the intensity and temperature of lights without the  needing to be rendered. I think it would be great to change textures on the fly like ILM.
Added into the poll. Also all vote counts were reset to 0 as usual for each release. We noted the results of previous period voting, and are planning to address the TOP 2 items (PBR material and tone mapping) in the next release.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2020-08-26, 16:55:44
Reply #847

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Added into the poll. Also all vote counts were reset to 0 as usual for each release. We noted the results of previous period voting, and are planning to address the TOP 2 items (PBR material and tone mapping) in the next release.

Could we have the option of adding other features to the list? I understand that some may be impossible to do for Corona, but may trigger ideas for you, and it'll give you a better idea of what exactly is it that the majority want, by not being forced to choose from a set number of features.

2020-08-26, 17:09:46
Reply #848

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Best thing to do for that is to request the feature here as a comment. It's best the list remain curated for various reasons. EDIT - so if you request a feature here and say please add it to the list, we'll take that into consideration and update the list if it makes sense. ALSO EDIT - of course we also look at what is requested in the Feature Request threads and consider adding those to the list too if it makes sense, so there's that as well :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-08-26, 23:47:20
Reply #849

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you add "Save the image as DNG like a camera"? Suggestion by Juraj.
This would allow to treat renderings as photos in Camera Raw in Photoshop.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-27, 00:05:19 by lupaz »

2020-08-27, 05:24:30
Reply #850

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since Corona is mainly used for interior renderings, and there are fabrics in each of them, I would like to suggest considering the introduction of a separate shader for fabrics.
I work quite closely with fabric in all its variations and came to the conclusion that corona render cannot currently provide an effective tool for rendering it realistically, and introducing sheen and velvet attributes in coronamtl will not fix the problem. Geopattern can partially solve the issue but we dont have it.

In 2017 viscorbel created a thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16327.msg102846#msg102846 but did not receive any comments from the development team.
There he mentioned the ThunderLoom plugin that uses the Irawan shading model (introduced in 2012) with pattern determination with WIF files to correctly recreate the reflectivity of individual fabric strands, with the correct anisotropy without using falloff fake approach.
Now i can create any texture in substance designer but cannot use it properly to explain my render engine what i want from him))
Basically, we need something like CoronaHairMtl but with the ability to apply it to regular surfaces, imitating the thread pattern by using texture maps or wif files (moreover, the basic set of patterns can be included in the Corona material library), with separate fuzzines setting, ability to use bump and normal maps for initial mesh, not for individual hair strand only, both for adding wrinkles and for imitating thread volume.

Since I have tried a huge variety of approaches to creating fabric, I have a large pool of ideas, especially concerning UI of this feature. I hope the developers will pay attention to this issue and in the future when someone sees a beautiful fabric on the renders he will say "oh, probably it was rendered with Corona"

i

2020-08-27, 12:41:54
Reply #851

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We are monitoring the posts and adding suitable suggestions into the poll manually. I just added the dedicated fabrics shader. Although we will definitely wait until PBR material is done, to see if that is still needed, or if fabrics is easy enough just with PBR

2020-08-27, 17:17:54
Reply #852

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-08-27, 20:32:45
Reply #853

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decals.
omg, i completely forgot about decals and parallax bump, +++
by the way, the 3ds max roadmap states the implementation of decals, it would be great if it worked with Corona immediately after the release :D

We are monitoring the posts and adding suitable suggestions into the poll manually. I just added the dedicated fabrics shader. Although we will definitely wait until PBR material is done, to see if that is still needed, or if fabrics is easy enough just with PBR

And maybe  it is possible to just implement support of this plugin i have mentioned before?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-27, 20:45:49 by marchik »

2020-08-28, 09:47:59
Reply #854

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Thunderloom shader is great when seen fro far but it falls apart when viewed up close. Would be great to have an all in one solution. I made a request some time ago: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23271.msg142241#msg142241

Looks like Otoy implemented something similar and it is looking really good.