Author Topic: Cinema 4D Corona Scene Converter  (Read 113609 times)

2014-09-20, 15:13:46
Reply #15

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-21, 15:06:29
Reply #16

pBarrelas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Many thanks for taking the time to make this material converter! Greta job!

2014-10-11, 13:27:08
Reply #17

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update arrived, see 1st post. :)

2014-10-11, 14:20:27
Reply #18

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First and fast impression, just tried to convert a scene just to test, seems very nice, just noticed some names in the conversion got mixed (names with the material settings), for exemple in vray i got 2 materials, one with the name tree1 and other with tree2 after conversion the material with the name tree1 was the tree2 and the tree2 was the tree1, some others names got correctly converter others not.. other thing i noticed was the translucid materials (2sided vray materials), seems the conversion only activate the translucid channel and put there the color and texture, no difuse,  reflect, bump etc was activated, it is possible to get a better conversion of the translucid materials? other thing is the bump scale conversion, till today i dont understand yet very well the scale of the corona bump, but i noticed the corona scale  after conversion is exactly the same as vray, i have the feeling corona use a lower scale, since my tests till today with bump show me that i need to reduce the scale of bump to get a real material bump. Another thing is the opacity channel, i read the notes and yes i know is not doing the conversion yet, so will love to see it able to convert the opacity in the next builds. After all good work! it is already a big help, anyway i hope you continue improve the converter and if possible fix the things i said, no idea if is possible but i hope so :)
best regards
« Last Edit: 2014-10-11, 14:25:27 by Marvey »

2014-10-11, 14:33:39
Reply #19

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First and fast impression, just tried to convert a scene just to test, seems very nice, just noticed some names in the conversion got mixed (names with the material settings), for exemple in vray i got 2 materials, one with the name tree1 and other with tree2 after conversion the material with the name tree1 was the tree2 and the tree2 was the tree1, some others names got correctly converter others not.. other thing i noticed was the translucid materials, seems the conversion only activate the translucid channel and put there the color and texture, no difuse,  reflect, bump etc was activated, it is possible to get a better conversion of the translucid materials? other thing is the bump scale conversion, till today i dont understand yet very well the scale of the corona bump, but i noticed the corona scale  after conversion is exactly the same as vray, i have the feeling corona use a lower scale, since my tests till today with bump show me that i need to recude the scale of bump to get a real material bump. Another thing is the opacity channel, i read the notes and yes i know is not doing the conversion yet, so will love to see it able to convert the opacity in the next builds. After all good work! it is already a big help, anyway i hope you continue improve the converter and if possible fix the things i said, no idea if is possible but i hope so :)
best regards

Hi, thanks for the input.
Names usually don't get confused, but it might seem so as Blend and 2Sided Materials only use 1st slot for conversion. Therefore, for example the 2Sided Material will inherit parameters from the material of the first link - it will even inherit its name which is practically not correct, I'm gonna fix this. :) I know, it's a solution with a few drawbacks, but it will be changed once Corona offers Mix Materials.

Translucent materials: Translucency inherits the Diffuse texture from the first material's diffuse channel as this gives the very best results. (Btw, it's the same way as it is done in the converter for Max)
However, all material parameters are only convertible to a certain degree and especially translucency is such a case where it comes to massive drawbacks.

Bump scale ist broken. As I was thinking about to implement a scale factor, this is nearly impossible. This would count for ANY scale parameter in any shader. But I'm pretty sure, this is going to be fixed soon.

Thanks for input again. :)

edit: Found a bug that was causing Material Name Mismatch. Will be fixed in next version. :)
« Last Edit: 2014-10-12, 22:43:56 by mp5gosu »

2014-10-13, 13:48:36
Reply #20

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your work mp5gos!
regards

2014-10-19, 17:22:44
Reply #21

dimka11

• Users
    • View Profile
Version 1.2 not work in r16

2014-10-19, 17:33:07
Reply #22

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll have a look into it tomorrow.

2014-10-19, 17:40:36
Reply #23

Dex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Open Corona Material Converter 1.2 . Uncheck  "convert Cinema 4d Materials" & "Convert Vray Materials". Press the CONVERT button. Then turn on Vray if you need vray converted or Turn on Cinema4d materials. Try a Convert again.

The conversion worked again for me!

Great plugin mp5gosu. You are a clever dude, you will save users many hours. Appreciate all your hard work.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-19, 18:53:59 by Dex »

2014-10-19, 22:46:37
Reply #24

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Strange here R16 v1.2 with no probs to run the script.

2014-11-02, 12:10:09
Reply #25

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Bug found, fix will follow with the next update. Thanks for the report anyways. :)

edit: Temporary solution applied

Fixed: R16 Reflectance conversion error resolved

Download here: http://www.roberthitzer.de/projects/cmc/
« Last Edit: 2014-11-02, 14:21:50 by mp5gosu »

2014-11-02, 15:27:50
Reply #26

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-11-06, 05:45:37
Reply #27

alekba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I know the ideal material converter does not exist, there are always remain some details to fine tune. Your plugin does a great job, it would be good to be included in a future version of Corona. Thanks for this.

2014-11-23, 04:37:01
Reply #28

xcut0r

• Active Users
    • View Profile
where's the "thumbs up" button when needed? :D

great job there @mp5gosu !! thanks for this men, its very very usefull !! :)

cheers

xcut0r

2014-12-27, 18:21:44
Reply #29

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A quick headsup:
Since migrating to C++ Base, I'm making good progress.
However, the next update will probably take a while because I decided to overhaul the Converter. That means, that in the future you will not only be able to convert materials, but also whole scenes. Things planned on upcoming releases: A SceneConverter, LightLister and some other handy tools.
The current version of the Material Converter will receive an update though - to allow conversion of R16 reflectance layers.

So stay tuned. :)