Author Topic: Can you make macro for this?  (Read 1746 times)

2019-04-03, 15:04:10

vermu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

When I am doing exterior or interior shots I like to use vrayhdri cause I can easily adjust gamma etc. I just hate the suffle between renderers so I can get vrayhdri for corona. Is it possible to make macro that first makes corona material and then changes to vray renderer. After that it loads vrayhdri into bitmapslot and changes renderer back to corona. I often merge my procect to vrayhdri ready  scene but sometimes I don't want to do that.

2019-04-04, 13:20:44
Reply #1

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cant you just save your VrayHDRI to mtl library and load it whenever needed ? What is the point of such a macro ? I believe changing the renderers would also reset your settings.

2019-04-04, 15:22:32
Reply #2

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also couldn't live without Vray HDRI first because of the easy gamma adjustment, but in Corona I found there is a better\more flexible solution to this.

Put a corona color correct map in the environment slot and instance drag it into the mat editor. Now you can load a HDRI with a Corona bitmap shader and voila, easy adjustable gamma correction and several other options too.

Perhaps you now don't need to shuffle between Vray and Corona anymore :)

2019-04-05, 09:34:12
Reply #3

dzintas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Or use lightmix.

2019-04-06, 10:14:04
Reply #4

vermu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thx alot fellazb for your answer. Your method worked really well. One question. Is it possible to make hdrmap visible in the viewport this way? When I used this method hdrmap shows black in the viewport.

2019-04-06, 10:49:52
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In order to see HDRI in the viewport, it must be loaded directly into enviroment. When you plug any map inbetween, preview will be lost. I believe that's a limitation of 3ds max. However there's a workaround in Corona - plug your HDRI directly in enviroment and then plug it through Corona CC map in scene eniroment override (render setup>scene>scene enviroment). Don't forget to switch lighting from max enviroment to Corona enviroment in the same tab.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures