Author Topic: 150 Free HDRs from NoEmotion  (Read 31474 times)

2014-12-16, 10:43:09
Reply #15

NielsH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You guys have to understand that at least generating traffic to their website is the least amount of thanks and why torrents are avoided.

They probably originally thought people would handpick what they need, but alas, collector's mania runs deep.

Of course they deserve the attention for this great gesture but those HDRI's will be downloaded, packed together and torrented anyway. I think it's smarter to be a step ahead and offer a torrent on their own website with a couple of seeders then you have the traffic without needing the bandwith.

I know that there is a big stigma around torrents but they can also be used in a good and sustainable way.

2014-12-16, 10:56:35
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The problem with torrents are that usually you have to download all pack and then choose what's useful for you and what's not. I will gladly download 5-6 HDRI's when links became more alive, but to have whole 150 on HDD, why on earth somebody needs it?

Edit: BTW, i blame those HDRI's for very slow forum attachement loading lately. Sometimes i have to wait few seconds to load single image in gallery. Hopefully everyone will download HDRI's they need in a few weeks and things became normal again.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-16, 11:01:54 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-16, 11:28:26
Reply #17

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
...I will gladly download 5-6 HDRI's when links became more alive, but to have whole 150 on HDD, why on earth somebody needs it?..

Because 50% of people are still in the phase of being scared they won't be able to find it again, even if we live in a digital age where you can find everything you need in a matter of seconds. Instead they hoard everything they find (especially the free stuff), and that includes the software that they need and don't need as well.

Making one big mess out of stuff that they probably won't use ever but can feel safe "having it available" :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-12-16, 11:41:50
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Edit: BTW, i blame those HDRI's for very slow forum attachement loading lately. Sometimes i have to wait few seconds to load single image in gallery. Hopefully everyone will download HDRI's they need in a few weeks and things became normal again.
I'm decreasing the HDRI download limits every day, but somehow every time people find way to milk it to the max. You can test server download speed by downloading something big, such as the A7 installer. If it goes slower than 200KB/s, contact me, I will deal with it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-16, 12:58:44
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You guys have to understand that at least generating traffic to their website is the least amount of thanks and why torrents are avoided.

They probably originally thought people would handpick what they need, but alas, collector's mania runs deep.

Of course they deserve the attention for this great gesture but those HDRI's will be downloaded, packed together and torrented anyway. I think it's smarter to be a step ahead and offer a torrent on their own website with a couple of seeders then you have the traffic without needing the bandwith.

I know that there is a big stigma around torrents but they can also be used in a good and sustainable way.

I would have no problem if they offered torrent, but not other people doing so without their knowledge.

Obviously, torrent is mere a tool, context is all that matters, which is what I was referring to. Maybe they don't care :- ) But it would be still impolite to do so, which many seem to be oblivious to.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-16, 14:35:27
Reply #20

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would say that those kind of HDRI's are like a condom or a gun... better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them. XD. Hope this week pass fast and everything return to normal. Not fan of a torrent for this.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21, 06:44:01 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-12-21, 02:19:03
Reply #21

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
are you mad? This is too much goodness!! a rare find in this day and age!

Thanks alot!

2014-12-28, 20:07:49
Reply #22

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Peter, these are very nicely done, and a REALLY great gesture for the whole community!

2015-04-03, 11:24:07
Reply #23

ceasare

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing!  I've recently considered my own aquisition of HDR's. Still looking into it...

2015-04-29, 13:37:50
Reply #24

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One sugestion: you dont think in the posibility to pack all intro one file and put a price for this ( not totaly free ). I pay a lot for HDRIs like CGsource and some are not so balanced price/quality.
I saw some of your maps and the quality is very nice.
An if you want to share for free I think torrent can help you.

Thanks for sharing with us.

2015-04-30, 19:23:41
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
One sugestion: you dont think in the posibility to pack all intro one file and put a price for this ( not totaly free ). I pay a lot for HDRIs like CGsource and some are not so balanced price/quality.
I saw some of your maps and the quality is very nice.
An if you want to share for free I think torrent can help you.

Thanks for sharing with us.

I suggest to contact them directly, I doubt they watch this thread.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-05-01, 13:53:08
Reply #26

psanitra

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • NeEmotion.net
Hi Alex

I don`t think we need a torrent. The download speed from the server we are hosting at is just fine and available too. enjoy the HDRIs :)

Peter
Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net
Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com
Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

2015-07-08, 07:30:16
Reply #27

lucideye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just came across this. Very helpful/ and generous - thanks for this awesome contribution.

2015-07-09, 18:09:53
Reply #28

FernDiggidy

• Users
    • View Profile
Amazing Share!

2015-09-24, 08:19:02
Reply #29

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello thanks a lot for sharing, really appreciated !
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist