Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Alpha is cutting bloom/glare

(1/3) > >>

TeoRossi93:
Hi guys!
I have a problem when I try to composite bloom/glare pass in After Effects.
Basically the bloom/glare is not going over areas where there are transparencies, and this is a huge problem.
In the attachment you will se the VFB image that is the correct version. Then you will see the COMP image, done in after effects, that is completely missing the glare (because opacity cuts it).

The background is a stock video of course.

I'm rendering an exr file with all the compositing layers (virtual beauty, bloom/glare).
I still haven't figured out a method to comp this thing properly...

Thanks

maru:
I am not sure how exactly you are compositing your frame, but this should work:
- use beauty without bloom and glare as the base layer
- on top of that load the bloom and glare layer (bloom and glare against black background), make sure that it is loaded without transparency (opaque, alpha is pure white)
- set the bloom and glare layer to "add" mixing operation

TeoRossi93:

--- Quote from: maru on 2024-03-25, 17:28:22 ---I am not sure how exactly you are compositing your frame, but this should work:
- use beauty without bloom and glare as the base layer
- on top of that load the bloom and glare layer (bloom and glare against black background), make sure that it is loaded without transparency (opaque, alpha is pure white)
- set the bloom and glare layer to "add" mixing operation

--- End quote ---

Hi Marcin,

the problem is not how I compose the file, the problem is that the bloom/glare is "limited" inside the objects shape, it's not spreading outside if I keep the alpha activated.
In the attached image you will see how the pass is looking, the white spot should be a glare.

maru:
Is this the bloom and glare pass saved from Corona VFB?

TeoRossi93:

--- Quote from: maru on 2024-03-25, 17:50:02 ---Is this the bloom and glare pass saved from Corona VFB?

--- End quote ---
Nope, this is a multilayer exr file that I'm saving as multipass and extracting it using extractor in after effects.
Since this is an animation I can't save the bloom pass by hand for each frame😅

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version