Author Topic: Nordic Kitchen Design  (Read 573 times)

2024-01-23, 11:14:05

3Dmitri

• Active Users
  • prorender.studio
    • View Profile
    • Architectural 3D Rendering Services
Small personal project Inspired by Simon King Architects
Done in 3ds max and Corona render.
More of my renders on https://3dmitri.studio

2024-01-23, 12:36:32
Reply #1

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice, the colours and mood.

The design can be even more minimal without compromising practicality if you skip the board behind the kitchen top/stove. You really don't need it.

The brickwork is done very well but I find it nearly impossible with Corona to render rough or course brick (see attachement). I haven't managed yet to capture the fine but sharp "bump" real bricks have. A displacement would not work for these fine textural bumps and holes. It's almost like sandpaper also for the reflections. Bumps in Corona always seem to be a bit rounded of in detail.

2024-01-23, 13:47:55
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

The design can be even more minimal without compromising practicality if you skip the board behind the kitchen top/stove. You really don't need it.

The brickwork is done very well but I find it nearly impossible with Corona to render rough or course brick (see attachement). I haven't managed yet to capture the fine but sharp "bump" real bricks have. A displacement would not work for these fine textural bumps and holes. It's almost like sandpaper also for the reflections. Bumps in Corona always seem to be a bit rounded of in detail.

I had to unsubscribe from FriendlyShade because I just didn't need any stuff he kept scanning, but he does this actually :- ) like.. 64 000 px big textures. Then you use like 0.5px Texture Displacement in Corona (and prepare all 128GB to be spent on one wall), but... you'll get that result :- ).
https://www.friendlyshade.com/collections#bricks

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-01-23, 14:46:57
Reply #3

3Dmitri

• Active Users
  • prorender.studio
    • View Profile
    • Architectural 3D Rendering Services

Thank you.

I didn’t have a goal to make the effects you wrote about because I was creating content for social networks. for mobile screens.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-23, 14:50:35 by 3Dmitri »

2024-01-23, 20:04:48
Reply #4

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,
so its just a matter of huge texture resolution. Had a look at Friendly shade and it's impressive.