Author Topic: interactive render Help  (Read 1330 times)

2020-07-30, 13:04:35

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile

i found the interactive render is way more faster to clean up the image is that normal? lol i know its a weird question but im new to V5 

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30, 13:15:50 by KhalidMysterious »

2020-07-30, 14:06:33
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You probably have "Fast preview denoise during render" enabled in the performance tab, which runs the NVIDIA AI denoiser over the image when IR is running.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-30, 14:58:54
Reply #2

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You probably have "Fast preview denoise during render" enabled in the performance tab, which runs the NVIDIA AI denoiser over the image when IR is running.
i set it to corona HIGH Quality. on RTX

2020-07-30, 15:11:48
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That's the final denoising, for final renders. There's a separate checkbox for the IR denoising. See https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000004976-how-to-use-denoising-
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-30, 15:12:22
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona high quality denoising has no effect on IR, nor does Intel AI denoiser. Both of them are only compatible with regular rendering and also both are ignoring your RTX card, because they are running on CPU. Only Nvidia AI denoiser is compatible with Corona's interactive rendering, but it has to be enabled elswhere from main denoiser settings (look at previous message from TomG).

Regarding IR being faster than regular rendering, this is common misconception, but it's not true. IR is faster to start rendering and faster to show recognisable picture, but in the long run, it is actually slower than regular rendering. You can look at them, like at sprinter versus marathon runner - the former will be faster over 100 m distance, but it will run out of steam way before marathon finish line :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures