Author Topic: CoronaMix incorrect viewport state after re-opening scene  (Read 1412 times)

2017-10-17, 02:34:33

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
When using CoronaMix node ( for example in my use LinearAdd, where top layer is highpassed map and lower level is albedo color ) with the togglebox "show in viewport" (doesn't matter if it's done at node level, or the whole shader level), the shader doesn't retain this state after re-opening the scene, or 3dsMax session.

What happens instead, is that it shows some random color (or maybe there is some logic behind that color, but I haven't been able to deduce it). Toggling "show in viewport" (which does remain checked, just with this bug) off and on again, doesn't correct it, but returns this color again. Once again, doesn't matter if togging on/off happens on shader level on node level only.

What fixes it, is going into top layer of CoronaMix node, toggling on/off said particular bitmap loaded there, and then going back and toggling the node or shader, and it works again.

This makes CoronaMix node unusable in Diffuse slot because the shader won't look correctly in viewport after reloading 3dsMax session.

This issue doesn't require particular scene, I've been able to make it in different Max versions and it happens in empty scene as well. But in my case, 3dsMax 2016.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-01-13, 15:57:07
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)