Author Topic: cecofuli [Gallery]  (Read 59784 times)

2014-05-13, 23:27:05
Reply #45

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
On my website, you can see more images, like high version, CAD projects, real photos and our hand drawings concept.
I hope you will find interesting.
Tomorrow, more renderings.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-13, 23:42:41 by cecofuli »

2014-05-14, 00:50:43
Reply #46

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, now that my I've picked my jaw back up from the ground....all I have to say is absolutely incredible!!!! These last few images were some of the best CGI I've ever seen. The attention to detail, lighting, materials...everything is so photographic.

How are you getting your white's so white and contrasted without everything being washed out? Do you use any novel tricks or do the Corona renders look quite similar to the final result? Your white balance appears to be spot on in nearly all shots without anything looking cold / grey - a problem I often have.

One more question if you wouldn't mind, are these HDRI lit or do you use Corona sun/sky? I'd be really grateful if you could share your lighting setup.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-14, 00:54:08 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2014-05-15, 16:17:03
Reply #47

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks agentdark45, but, this isn't nothing to special.
As I wrote, it's very fast project with low budget. So, the details are not so much, same for the attention of texture etc...
No special secret, believe me. Usually I try to avoid bright image directly in Corona (or in VRay); my rendering is a little bit dark.
And I correct it in Post. I save my raw rendering as a .png 16bit.
Next, I open PS and I play with curves, exposure, level, color balance. There are a lot of tutorial on youtube.
Light? CoronaSun+CoronaSky! No time to play with different HDRI etc... =)
This is a corona RAW file sample:

« Last Edit: 2014-05-15, 16:25:29 by cecofuli »

2014-05-15, 16:17:15
Reply #48

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-05-15, 17:24:00
Reply #49

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks agentdark45, but, this isn't nothing to special.
As I wrote, it's very fast project with low budget. So, the details are not so much, same for the attention of texture etc...
No special secret, believe me. Usually I try to avoid bright image directly in Corona (or in VRay); my rendering is a little bit dark.
And I correct it in Post. I save my raw rendering as a .png 16bit.
Next, I open PS and I play with curves, exposure, level, color balance. There are a lot of tutorial on youtube.
Light? CoronaSun+CoronaSky! No time to play with different HDRI etc... =)
This is a corona RAW file sample:

[img width=1024 height=724]http://www.francescolegrenzi.com/Works/44_Pontresina/05_Carmela/Carmela_01_1200_raw.jpg[img]

Oh I see, I might have to adopt your approach of rendering a slightly darker image from Corona and then exposing it in post - I've always tended to try and get the exposure right in the renderer in the past.

One last quick question about Corona sun & sky - do you manually lower the values of the Sun (I normally put mine around 0.03) and lower the intensity of the Corona Sky map. Or do you keep them at the default values and use Corona's exposure options to tweak the exposure? Not sure if this would make a difference in reality...but seeing as you have your set-up spot on it would get good to get some insight on this! Do you mess with the colour balance in Corona at all? I find that my white walls tend to come out either too blue or yellow - I can't get them to look as neutral as yours.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Vray who?

2014-05-15, 17:28:27
Reply #50

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I would recommend not touching controls of sun/sky, and instead lowering exposure to about -5
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-15, 17:48:44
Reply #51

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would recommend not touching controls of sun/sky, and instead lowering exposure to about -5

But the intention is to create different ratio between Sun:Sky, so one has to alter one or other. If I use sun, I also use it purely in much much weaker position, no need to simulate alpine strong light.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-05-15, 18:17:36
Reply #52

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I see, therefore I'd need to bump up my interior light intensities to compensate - would this be a more "physically correct" way of using Corona?
Vray who?

2014-05-15, 18:43:22
Reply #53

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-05-15, 18:44:55
Reply #54

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

I see, therefore I'd need to bump up my interior light intensities to compensate - would this be a more "physically correct" way of using Corona?

Both will produce same results, but with exposure-change workflow you are ready for physical camera, and have lower chance of screwing something up, plus you do it entirely in postproduction and realtime
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-15, 18:57:41
Reply #55

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But if you are not using HDRI enviro light and for example want a "cloudy" lighting, then you have to change some parameters in sun/sky, right?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-05-15, 22:46:14
Reply #56

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New set of images.
Again, on my website, you can see more images, like high version, CAD projects, real photos and our hand drawings concept.
I don't want to bore you with technical stuff =)

« Last Edit: 2014-07-09, 20:05:50 by cecofuli »

2014-05-15, 22:55:03
Reply #57

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-05-15, 23:32:13
Reply #58

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dude pls stahp or I'm going to pay You a Visit and watch what you do on those machines 24/7 for a week and soak up the knowledge like a sponge :D
I mean it :D

2014-05-16, 10:19:33
Reply #59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I must admit your works are HARDLY distinguishable from photos. Each one of them is a masterpiece. Do you work alone or in a team?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us