Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130497 times)

2020-08-14, 10:13:48
Reply #420

martvaiss

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I've had issues with RC1 and RC2 when using CoronaLayeredMtl : the base mtl surface does not appear when used with masked layers. Previous versions seemed to work fine.

2020-08-14, 15:23:15
Reply #421

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello,
I've had issues with RC1 and RC2 when using CoronaLayeredMtl : the base mtl surface does not appear when used with masked layers. Previous versions seemed to work fine.

Can you please explain what exactly you mean? I am sure a screenshot of the material setup and the rendered result would help. It seems to be working fine here (V6 RC2).
Could it be that you are connecting the masks to wrong slots in the Layered Mtl?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-08-14, 15:33:08
Reply #422

karlingermano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

I relaized that with Corona 6 when I convert Vray materials with Corona converter the converted materials sometimes won't show up on masks as the Propagate masks option is set to Always. I tried to figure out what's the pattern and what is the cause of this with no luck. It would be nice to have a checkbox in Corona converter though so you can decide if the newly created materials should be set to Never or Always.

2020-08-14, 17:56:53
Reply #423

martvaiss

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Can you please explain what exactly you mean? I am sure a screenshot of the material setup and the rendered result would help. It seems to be working fine here (V6 RC2).
Could it be that you are connecting the masks to wrong slots in the Layered Mtl?

Same scene : 01.jpg is before RC1 - 02.jpg in RC1 and RC2
I simplified the scene and rendered it in RC2 as seen in 03.jpg, you can find the corresponding material in 04.jpg

2020-08-14, 18:06:20
Reply #424

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Something similar here.

I used bitmap for masking with disabled tiling (black background, white text). The bitmap not covered entire object, just small part of it. Previously it worked fine - paper material (base material) over entire object and black glossy text corresponding to white text on mask bitmap (layer 1).

Now I'm getting black glossy (layer 1) for entire object and text. Paper only where the black background on mask bitmap.

I'm adding some screens.
1 - wrong result (previously worked fine), 1_1 - mat setup
2 - looks like correct result but I had to invert mask and base/layer 1 materials - 2_1.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-14, 18:22:13 by v.p.vlasenko »

2020-08-14, 18:53:22
Reply #425

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Does anybody have problems with loading large scene files? I have a scene at around 10gb, which loaded in max takes at about 40gb of ram and with, and since I installed the RC1, I've noticed I can't open the scene without waiting at least 30 mins.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2020-08-14, 21:29:28
Reply #426

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anybody have problems with loading large scene files? I have a scene at around 10gb, which loaded in max takes at about 40gb of ram and with, and since I installed the RC1, I've noticed I can't open the scene without waiting at least 30 mins.

10GB?? I have big scenes but nothing THAT big. Anyway, try separating parts in XREFS and creating proxies for as many instances as you can. Something's not right if the scene is 10GB.

2020-08-15, 10:28:54
Reply #427

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile

10GB?? I have big scenes but nothing THAT big. Anyway, try separating parts in XREFS and creating proxies for as many instances as you can. Something's not right if the scene is 10GB.
It's a few streets roughly two sq.km hence the size, but that's not my pain point. With Corona 5 it was all good, and I never had those issues :(

2020-08-15, 10:30:28
Reply #428

ilia.ms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona render does not work as expected with displace modifier.
Win10 (Last Updates) + Corona RC2 + Max 2014

PS
It seems to have stopped working after these Windows updates ... (attached screen)
On old daily builds it is not possible to reproduce the normal operation of the distance map and displacement map.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-15, 10:56:20 by ilia.ms »

2020-08-17, 08:49:27
Reply #429

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

It's a few streets roughly two sq.km hence the size, but that's not my pain point. With Corona 5 it was all good, and I never had those issues :(

Hi,

Please install RC2, we fixed a few issues with scene loading and saving.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-08-17, 10:04:52
Reply #430

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona render does not work as expected with displace modifier.
Win10 (Last Updates) + Corona RC2 + Max 2014

PS
It seems to have stopped working after these Windows updates ... (attached screen)
On old daily builds it is not possible to reproduce the normal operation of the distance map and displacement map.

Hi,

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Windows updates, it seems to have stopped working in the v6 daily build from 2020-06-18. It has stopped working only in 3ds Max versions 2014 to 2016. It functions correctly in 3ds Max 2017 and newer.

I will report this to the dev team and see what can be done, in the mean time you can use the CoronaDisplacementMod. Unfortunately this doesn't give you a viewport representation, but it does render correctly.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=550411234)
Send me your scene!

2020-08-17, 14:23:41
Reply #431

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Same scene : 01.jpg is before RC1 - 02.jpg in RC1 and RC2
I simplified the scene and rendered it in RC2 as seen in 03.jpg, you can find the corresponding material in 04.jpg
Something similar here.

I used bitmap for masking with disabled tiling (black background, white text). The bitmap not covered entire object, just small part of it. Previously it worked fine - paper material (base material) over entire object and black glossy text corresponding to white text on mask bitmap (layer 1).

Now I'm getting black glossy (layer 1) for entire object and text. Paper only where the black background on mask bitmap.

I'm adding some screens.
1 - wrong result (previously worked fine), 1_1 - mat setup
2 - looks like correct result but I had to invert mask and base/layer 1 materials - 2_1.
Hi,

Thanks for the information, to me these look like the same issue which was reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26829.msg173975#msg173975

This was due to some changes in the Corona bitmap regarding how it treats alphas of textures when set to the no tiling mode. This change made it more correct and consistent with the 3ds Max bitmap.

However this is an unfortunate side effect, currently I don't have a workaround for you. But we will address this in one of the upcoming release candidates. I will keep you updated :)

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=543992746)
Send me your scene!

2020-08-17, 17:09:04
Reply #432

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@martvaiss and @v.p.vlasenko - can you guys send us a simple scene demonstrating this behavior? The uploader is in my signature. After the upload, please let me know which upload method you used and what was the file name.
Also, what file format are you using for the mask image?
Does it have some sort of alpha channel in it?

Possibly reproduced, but a user scene would still be welcome.

(Internal ID=550612271)
« Last Edit: 2020-08-17, 17:26:15 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-08-17, 19:07:06
Reply #433

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile

Hi,

Please install RC2, we fixed a few issues with scene loading and saving.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Rowan

Hi Rowan, thanks for your message.
I did installed RC2 and now I wait a bit less time but still not as with the version 5. If I have to compare all three timings:
Corona 5 - close to 2min to load 10gb scene
Corona RC1 - close to 30 mins
Corona RC2 - close to 10 mins
Most assets are proxy,xrefs and even some containers the scene itself is quite small in size without the external components.
What I've noticed also it's the pharsing time. With Corona 5 it was snappy and quick, but with the 6 RC1 it's horrible, 6 RC2 is better but still not as with the version 5.
Sadly, I can't send the project as I'm under tight deadline and currently I've reverted everything to v5

Cheers

2020-08-17, 19:22:08
Reply #434

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@martvaiss and @v.p.vlasenko - can you guys send us a simple scene demonstrating this behavior? The uploader is in my signature. After the upload, please let me know which upload method you used and what was the file name.
Also, what file format are you using for the mask image?
Does it have some sort of alpha channel in it?

Possibly reproduced, but a user scene would still be welcome.

(Internal ID=550612271)

Hi, uploaded using Private Uploader as 1597684477_1.zip

I simplified the scene even more. My mask image doesn't have any alpha, just black and white.
Btw, 3dsmax bitmap working fine.