Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 205802 times)

2017-11-10, 16:23:29
Reply #840

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news on the denoiser? I don't see it mentioned on the log. I don't know it it' universal but I'm not the only one that thinks it doesn't seem to be working at all

Not sure what you mean by "not working at all" - I'm using it on a daily basis :) The only reports I've seen are that it may have issues with Team Render (which Nikola said he was going to check to see if it is working, but it should be). Can you give an example of it not working, perhaps even share the scene, but certainly screen grabs of your renders with the Denoising parameters shown would be useful. Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-11-10, 16:31:15
Reply #841

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean that in the 2 latest builds my denoiser doesn't seem to have any effect at all, no matter what the parameters. I have checked with someone else that is having the same issue. This is not upsetting to me, as I don't rely on it, but it's a great feature to have obviously and if there is an issue it's good that the team knows.

I am attaching two images, the first has the noise amount set to default 0 and the second one has the maximum value of 1 set, as you can see, there is absolutely no difference between the images.

2017-11-10, 16:34:52
Reply #842

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY! Just to check - Full Denoising was used as the setting before rendering? Not "Gather data" or "Fireflies"? The image was saved from the Beauty pass, and not LightMix? (If it was LightMix, was Denoising enabled for each LightSelect)? Does it show "Denoising" in the VFB after rendering, to show it is calculating it? Image was from the Corona VFB and not the PV? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see what is happening, as I've never had Denoising not work so it is worth checking all these items, thank you for your time reporting!

2017-11-10, 16:50:49
Reply #843

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm happy to answer any questions, thank you for the support!

Yep, full demonising, amount 1, radius 1. I render and save from Corona's VFB, from the Beauty pass, and I can see the denoise calculation but when it ends nothing happens.

I am now testing the same scene with today's build

2017-11-10, 16:54:16
Reply #844

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok awesome let me know how the tests go. If you want to share the scene, you can use the private uploader then we can test on exactly the same scene (https://corona-renderer.com/upload)

2017-11-10, 16:59:16
Reply #845

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

the next daily build (2017-11-10) of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7xyYS3daSJ7V3BJZWlMR2EzUG8

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg114370#msg114370

Great work! Roundedge working perfect!  thanks!

2017-11-10, 17:07:17
Reply #846

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok awesome let me know how the tests go. If you want to share the scene, you can use the private uploader then we can test on exactly the same scene (https://corona-renderer.com/upload)

Everything seems to be fine now, I will let you know if any issue comes back.

Thanks a lot!

2017-11-12, 13:42:06
Reply #847

Binke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if im the only one who has the problem now, but the old problem of the IR not updating when rotating a Sky object with a light material & HDRI texture seems to be back since 2-3 builds back?

The actual background texture itself rotates, but the light does not update, or well something is updating, im not sure what it is, maybe just the reflection is updating? Looks odd anyways, and I have to shut down IR and open it up back again.
ive tried to also just rotate the actual texture coordinates, but same problem.
I would be curious if anyone else has this issue..

2017-11-12, 21:42:45
Reply #848

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm, strange...
OK. Personal experience...

Rotating Sky object with Corona Material (Self Illumination) works fine here - same results rendered in IR & in final.

Other bugs discovered:
1. Camera: Object: DoF gets locked to certain Distance (last) if Focus Object is used (have to exit & re-enter Camera for focus to refresh & show correctly) 
2. Compositing tag still shows issues with activating it's Properties (visibility functions - need to be activated/deactivated in pairs to correctly respond)
3. "Corona Material: Advanced settings: Visibility" don't work at all
4. When procedural Shaders are used on Corona Material: Reflection, IR stops to a halt for 5-10 seconds then it starts working again (not a bug, but a showstopper - too long to compile)

looking further

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Test specs (simple scene by an old machine ;)

Scene description:
- Objects: 5 spheres, 1 plane, 1 Sky, 1 Procedural Backdrop, Corona Lights, Camera, Null
- Materials: 2x Anisotropic Metal, Dispersed Glass, Layered Material (Metal/Metal), Standard PBR (Dielectric w Fresnel on Reflection Roughness)
- Lighting: IBL (Sky object with Room02_hdr from HDRI Sets by FITZFILM, 5x Corona Light: Area (Color: Temperature)

Performed with:
SW: W7sp1x64 pro, C4D R18.041 & R19.024, Corona-c4d-win-2017-11-10 (fullspeed)
HW: 2x intel X5650, 16GB ECC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Smooth sailing... :)

thanks & bye-bye

2017-11-12, 23:53:08
Reply #849

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if im the only one who has the problem now, but the old problem of the IR not updating when rotating a Sky object with a light material & HDRI texture seems to be back since 2-3 builds back?

The actual background texture itself rotates, but the light does not update, or well something is updating, im not sure what it is, maybe just the reflection is updating? Looks odd anyways, and I have to shut down IR and open it up back again.
ive tried to also just rotate the actual texture coordinates, but same problem.
I would be curious if anyone else has this issue..

Same for me.

a: sun front cam.

b: turn 180 sky hdr, texture rotation ok, but no update of lighting and shadows

2017-11-13, 11:49:39
Reply #850

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
image editor don't open and crash every time on OS X yosemite and c4d r19 studio....

2017-11-14, 11:38:00
Reply #851

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a scene that refuses to render.  When I hit the render button "stop" will highlight temporarily and a second later "render" is again highlighted as if the job was done.  I am using the 11-10-17 build with R18.  Would someone please take a look at this?  I have to have 5 or 6 images of this scene by the week's end.  If not a simple solution, I am willing to upload the complete file.  Thanks!

2017-11-14, 11:44:38
Reply #852

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using some strange texture paths.  I have folders within the "tex" folder.  Is this allowed?  Could this be causing the problem?  I have done this in previous versions without any issues.

2017-11-14, 11:48:10
Reply #853

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I have a scene that refuses to render.  When I hit the render button "stop" will highlight temporarily and a second later "render" is again highlighted as if the job was done.  I am using the 11-10-17 build with R18.  Would someone please take a look at this?  I have to have 5 or 6 images of this scene by the week's end.  If not a simple solution, I am willing to upload the complete file.  Thanks!

I had a similar issue when the renderer couldn't find some of my textures. Go to Corona preferences and enable rendering into the Picture Viewer instead of the Corona VFB. Proceed to render and then you'll probably get a dialog box asking you to confirm that you are rendering without the missing textures.

If you hit OK and it starts rendering then thats your problem right there :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-11-14, 11:55:21
Reply #854

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nkilar - thanks for the reply.  I exported the entire project with assets (which placed all maps in the tex directory) and now it renders fine.  I'll have to be more careful with my texture paths in the future.  Thanks for your input.