Author Topic: Corona not showing in C4D R18 macOS  (Read 14347 times)

2017-03-09, 18:33:25

jacobo

• Users
    • View Profile
I've read the post about Corona not showing up in C4D, but it seems to be Windows only. This is happening here on macOS, so the steps described there to fix the issue don't apply. Any ideas?

By the way, this is the demo/42 days trial version of C4D R18 (we are evaluating the whole combo), in case that has something to do with the Corona not showing up

Thanks!

EDIT: I've tried a6.1 and a6.2

2017-03-10, 01:59:17
Reply #1

jacobo

• Users
    • View Profile
Never mind. It was an issue with the demo. The folder where it's installed is named differently, so Corona wasn't picking up the installations automatically, and when selected manually on the installer it created a C4D folder named in the way it was expecting. Thanks!

2017-03-15, 13:49:23
Reply #2

Binke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
EDIT:
Okay I figured it out, same solution as above, but in the installer you have to click "CUSTOMIZE" in the bottom left, when you get to the installation location. If you dont click there all you can choose is which HD to install it to.

So you have to click there, check the R18 folder, but then you have to click on the folder and choose "custom" (i think), and navigate to your C4D demo folder. Then it will work.

im having the same problem.
latest demo of Cinema4D, and latest corona for cinema4d OSX..
After installing, when I start cinema4d, there is no corona in the renderer list.
Where is Corona installed anyways? I cant find any folder for it anywhere. I've done a full search on the whole HD, and all it finds is a Corona folder in Macintosh HD/Library/application support/corona/ but the only thing that is in there are LUT's.
When I run the Corona installer, I dont get a choice to manually choose where to install it. Are you running Corona Cinema4D A6.1.pkg?
I've tried both that one and the A6.2
Im on OSX Sierra.

Thanksful for any help
« Last Edit: 2017-03-15, 14:29:02 by Binke »

2017-03-28, 13:42:28
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
EDIT:
Okay I figured it out, same solution as above, but in the installer you have to click "CUSTOMIZE" in the bottom left, when you get to the installation location. If you dont click there all you can choose is which HD to install it to.

So you have to click there, check the R18 folder, but then you have to click on the folder and choose "custom" (i think), and navigate to your C4D demo folder. Then it will work.

im having the same problem.
latest demo of Cinema4D, and latest corona for cinema4d OSX..
After installing, when I start cinema4d, there is no corona in the renderer list.
Where is Corona installed anyways? I cant find any folder for it anywhere. I've done a full search on the whole HD, and all it finds is a Corona folder in Macintosh HD/Library/application support/corona/ but the only thing that is in there are LUT's.
When I run the Corona installer, I dont get a choice to manually choose where to install it. Are you running Corona Cinema4D A6.1.pkg?
I've tried both that one and the A6.2
Im on OSX Sierra.

Thanksful for any help

Hi, I will add detection of Cinema4D Demo to macOS installer because when no Cinema version is detected, the installer installs only LUT component but now plugin component now.

2017-07-25, 15:59:27
Reply #4

George

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

I'm totally new to Corona and yesterday I failed to install Corona under OSX Sierra 10.12.6. It seems to be installed in the correct folder (Cinema4d R17 plugin folder where all plugins go normally) but it simply does not show up in Cinema 4D interface; not as a render engine in the list nor in the material manager to add a Corona material. He doesn't seem to recoginze or accept the Corona Plugin.

I've been looking on internet but I only found this forum thread and found no solution to make it work. Deleted Corona and reinstalled but no succes.
I aslo read this topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14443.0.html but in my case C4D starts up perfectly and doesn't crash but it simply doesn't show up. I also tried what Binke was saying here above but also no luck. Can you please help. Possible via Teamviewer to have a look.

My system is iMac 3,4 Ghz with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX.
On my MacPro I'm still running OSX 10.7.5 and didn't upgrade yet on that Mac because of some older software uncompatible with Sierra so I first wanted to testrun on my iMac before potentially messing up my MacPro setup :-)

2017-07-26, 20:24:27
Reply #5

jeffjag

• Users
  • Abstract Artist and Animator
    • View Profile
    • JeffJag's Portfolio
I just tried to upgrade to the latest C4D build on the website and am running into the same issue as George. Cinema4D runs fine, but Corona doesn't show up anywhere after the install says it was installed fine - with no issues.  The files are all in the plugins folder in my version (Cinema 4D R14), and I removed all the old files before installing new ones.

Is it an issue of activation key or licensing? If so, how do we fix this without access to the universal installer - which is only for Windows computers/3DS MAX? 

2017-07-27, 02:46:01
Reply #6

sometimesnever

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,

I'm totally new to Corona and yesterday I failed to install Corona under OSX Sierra 10.12.6. It seems to be installed in the correct folder (Cinema4d R17 plugin folder where all plugins go normally) but it simply does not show up in Cinema 4D interface; not as a render engine in the list nor in the material manager to add a Corona material. He doesn't seem to recoginze or accept the Corona Plugin.

I've been looking on internet but I only found this forum thread and found no solution to make it work. Deleted Corona and reinstalled but no succes.
I aslo read this topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14443.0.html but in my case C4D starts up perfectly and doesn't crash but it simply doesn't show up. I also tried what Binke was saying here above but also no luck. Can you please help. Possible via Teamviewer to have a look.

My system is iMac 3,4 Ghz with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX.
On my MacPro I'm still running OSX 10.7.5 and didn't upgrade yet on that Mac because of some older software uncompatible with Sierra so I first wanted to testrun on my iMac before potentially messing up my MacPro setup :-)
I just tried to upgrade to the latest C4D build on the website and am running into the same issue as George. Cinema4D runs fine, but Corona doesn't show up anywhere after the install says it was installed fine - with no issues.  The files are all in the plugins folder in my version (Cinema 4D R14), and I removed all the old files before installing new ones.

Is it an issue of activation key or licensing? If so, how do we fix this without access to the universal installer - which is only for Windows computers/3DS MAX? 

Same issue here (although using R17, not demo).

I just downloaded Alpha v6. No previous versions installed prior to this attempt.

The install runs fine and says "Success". The plugin files appear in the correct folder and C4D launches perfectly normally but Corona is nowhere to be seen.

Running R17 on a 5K Retina iMac i7 - 32GB RAM - Radeon R9 M295X - Sierra 10.12.5

I'd love to try Corona out, if there is any way anyone can help.

Cheers!

2017-07-27, 10:18:19
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Anyone with "Corona not visible in C4D" problem - please try installing the newest build from this thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15602.0.html

If that does not help, select "customize" during the installation, and make sure that Corona is installed into the correct folder, where C4D is located. I am attaching screenshots showing the installation step-by-step.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-28, 17:09:30
Reply #8

bdjones

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks that works, the hotfix 4 does not (18  studio, OSX 10.11.6)

2017-07-31, 09:34:03
Reply #9

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I would like to see the output of the following command (executed in Terminal) for systems where Corona for Cinema 4D doesn't appear in the main menu. Here is the command (for R18):

/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA\ 4D\ R18/CINEMA\ 4D.app/Contents/MacOS/CINEMA\ 4D

Nikola

2017-08-01, 19:09:17
Reply #10

kidmograph

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi! I'm new here in the forum trying to use Corona for C4D. Had the same issue with latest version. It won't show up. The only working version is this one:
Corona-c4d-mac-a6.3

2017-08-02, 16:46:32
Reply #11

atelier_crilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier Crilo
Anyone with "Corona not visible in C4D" problem - please try installing the newest build from this thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15602.0.html

If that does not help, select "customize" during the installation, and make sure that Corona is installed into the correct folder, where C4D is located. I am attaching screenshots showing the installation step-by-step.

It works and is visible on plugin menù, (great feature the sharpen in post-effects) but this release has changed the c4d native shaders in the reflection channel, now c4d materials appear insanely brighter (see the attachment, rendered before with the A6.3 and after with the newest build above). I have just tried to open the same file with the corona A6.3 on a different machine and if you compare the reflection are totally different, more shiny and metallic now (in speculare - blind legacy mode). I don't know if you are preparing something for the new R19 Cinema 4D release and its new shaders, or if it is something related to my configuration, otherwise could be a relevant issue.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02, 17:03:21 by atelier_crilo »

2018-11-05, 16:57:02
Reply #12

mellowmesher

• Users
    • View Profile
I have tried to install the newest Version of Corona today. I have deleted the old files and ran the installer. I customized the installation and finished the process. It seem all the files are in the correct folder, but Corona doesn't show up after starting C4d. I ran the command in the terminal and it says " no such path"

I´m on MacOS10.13.3 and C4D R18

Thanks for your help

2018-11-12, 18:10:11
Reply #13

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This happened on my Macs and one PC. I recently had a similar issue with the plugin not showing up. A couple of things I learned. One, that Customize option mentioned above. When I click that, R20 was not already checked. But I still didn't see the plugin. Then I noticed at some point a workstation only had the Client installed, then later the full C4D install. What this creates is TWO separate Team Render Clients, one inside the C4D folder and one in it's own client. The installer was installing into the standalone render client. Deleting the standalone usually fixes the issue. BUT.... I continued having issues. Then I realized that, at least in R20, there is no "plugins" folder by default. The default plugins folder is in a a Maxon prefs folder that the install does not have access to.

As soon as I created a plugins folder, the installer was happy.