Author Topic: ACES Workflow  (Read 1447 times)

2023-05-18, 14:35:41

Uxomi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Folks,

I've seen several posts but I'm looking to get some clarity on one specific point. When exporting an image out of Corona, there aren't many (or any) controls to dictate the color space of that output. I'm curious what default color profile I should be setting in OCIO when working with an image from Corona -- is it Utility - Linear - sRGB?

2023-05-18, 15:31:20
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm curious what default color profile I should be setting in OCIO when working with an image from Corona?

Hi, my question here would be: Why exactly are you interested in this? What is the purpose? Are you, for example, compositing your footage in some other app?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-18, 18:56:36
Reply #2

Uxomi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi yes, I will be compositing in an external software.

2023-05-19, 11:25:28
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And do you need to import footage with a specific color space? Can you explain more about your workflow?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-19, 15:14:35
Reply #4

Uxomi

• Users
    • View Profile
I need to standardize all ingested elements into the same color space (ACES). As such I need to know what color space i need to set as the input. It's the core function of ACES to homogenize the color space before compositing and grading.

Can you tell me what color space Corona operates in by default when exporting its EXRs?

2023-05-19, 15:55:21
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can you tell me what color space Corona operates in by default when exporting its EXRs?

Linear (sRGB) for now, at least until Corona integrates the OCIO in Max 2024. But for it to be true Linear information you can't use any tonemapping outside of White Balance, so no HL(Reinhard), Filmic, or ACES OT(also Filmic).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!