Author Topic: Pause IR window when minimised, continue when restored.  (Read 3335 times)

2015-01-23, 13:17:22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is the idea:

You run interactive rendering in floating window, minimise it, and when it's minimised, it would automatically pause itself (to save system resources, make everything run smooth). After you do some changes, just bring IR back with one click and it would start refreshing again.
How is this different from hitting F9? It gives faster preview, and you can do some real-time tweaking with it (set desired camera angle, tweak materials - the stuff you usually do with IR).
How is this different from IR docked in viewport? You don't have to sacrifice one viewport for it, it doesn't eat additional system resources so you can work with heavy scenes.

btw, now when IR is minimised, it is still rendering, and pops up every time you change something in scene - I don't like this behaviour

So now the final question - is this even possible? :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-23, 14:35:04
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well i can imagine fixing annoyance of popping up when minimized, but not sure about pausing rendering. If you pause, you may not get faster preview, because you may change too much stuff in scene, so that it will have re-translate major portion of it, and it may not differ to hitting F9 in the end.

I can also imagine that stacking scene change notifications somewhere and releasing them all at once when window is restored could have destructive consequences :)

2015-01-23, 15:09:44
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok... So how about switching what F9 does. Like adding interactive to the list where you pick progressive/bucket?

2015-01-23, 15:51:22
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ok... So how about switching what F9 does. Like adding interactive to the list where you pick progressive/bucket?

That's actually a good idea. I would put it as feature request and/or on mantis. For the time being, you could map launching interactive to for example shift+F9 :)

2015-01-23, 15:58:56
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Interactive is dailies is f* up anyway. :)

2015-01-31, 04:32:46
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio