Author Topic: Material Library / Management  (Read 2762 times)

2021-11-02, 22:22:45

shoebu23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Forum!

Simple question-- what do you all recommend in terms of the best way to save out highly-tailored Corona Materials into a beautiful, easy-to-use library?  I don't need a crazy asset management system-- really just materials.

Ideally, it would be something that would automatically scoop the texture-maps and re-save them in a folder structure automatically.  I've used KStudio and design connector in the past a bit-- but wasn't sure what's good out there these days.  I NEED to stop re-creating the same materials over and over again and/or importing models just to grab textures.

Cheers!

2021-11-03, 07:44:24
Reply #1

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Easy way in 3dsmax is make Material libraries.

matlib" border="0

If you are looking for a something a little more comprehensive Siger is a great 3rd party tool as well.

2021-11-21, 20:30:59
Reply #2

adityapermana

• Users
    • View Profile
heyy Forum im not found CoronaPortalMtl in my Corona Library,, Can anyone Help me? I'm using Corona 6 for 3dsmax

2021-11-22, 16:20:41
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no Corona Portals any more, they are no longer required due to the Adaptive Sampler that was introduced in Corona 6. See the release blog at https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-renderer-6-for-3ds-max-released/
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-12-01, 04:43:57
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Siger, love it

2024-01-29, 19:43:39
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Siger, love it
Do you still use it? Thanks.

2024-01-31, 15:31:43
Reply #6

Darawork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We use Project Manager here, there is also a stripped down version called Material Manager. K-Studios.
Pretty good.
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022, Revit 2023, AutoCad 2023, Dell Precision 5810/20, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000, Corona 10/11.

2024-01-31, 15:41:21
Reply #7

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We use Project Manager here, there is also a stripped down version called Material Manager. K-Studios.
Pretty good.

I used to use this too, also quite good I have to agree. One thing I like about Project Manager is that you can build scripts with it easily to automate/batch tasks.

All depends on your pipeline, how you intend to use your libraries, how many licenses you need etc.

2024-02-01, 14:44:14
Reply #8

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Also Project Manager Here, full version, great plugin

2024-02-01, 19:28:14
Reply #9

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your feedback.

Siger vs project manager... hmmm.
It's good to have options :)

2024-02-01, 20:20:16
Reply #10

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, while I agree with Siger, Project Manager and Connecter being great options. Don't forget the built in .mat library can also load .max files as well. Which means you can actually load your libraries from previous projects which use the same material names, and replace them using your favorites/previous authored materials from an existing 3dsmax scene, or just populate the .mat with that .max file. Its more powerful than you might take it granted for since there's not many tutorials on the matter and whatnot, but its actually very powerful with lots of useful functions and from what I've seen over the years not used to its potential.

Attached is an example of loading a 3dsmax file with my favorite velvet, chrome, rubber materials etc. I can just re-use them from that project and then save them to my favorite .mat library if I choose to.

Another example is you can just right click on the chrome material > replace all "chrome" materials with this preset for example.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-01, 20:27:22 by James Vella »

2024-02-01, 21:09:42
Reply #11

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't forget the built in .mat library can also load .max files as well. Which means you can actually load your libraries from previous projects which use the same material names, and replace them using your favorites/previous authored materials from an existing 3dsmax scene, or just populate the .mat with that .max file. Its more powerful than you might take it granted for since there's not many tutorials on the matter and whatnot, but its actually very powerful with lots of useful functions and from what I've seen over the years not used to its potential.

Attached is an example of loading a 3dsmax file with my favorite velvet, chrome, rubber materials etc. I can just re-use them from that project and then save them to my favorite .mat library if I choose to.

Another example is you can just right click on the chrome material > replace all "chrome" materials with this preset for example.

Yes. It just looks so...uninviting. But I'll try that first. Thanks James.

2024-02-02, 08:16:11
Reply #12

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. It just looks so...uninviting. But I'll try that first. Thanks James.

Hah yeah, its not very pretty compared to the competition :D