Author Topic: Parsing Scene more detailed ??  (Read 3434 times)

2020-07-06, 12:08:46

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Is there possibility to get more details what object are currently calculated during Parsing Scene stage ??

That informations will be helpful on optimising scene for animations and overall optimizations...

Thanks
Tom

2020-07-06, 14:37:05
Reply #1

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi

Is there possibility to get more details what object are currently calculated during Parsing Scene stage ??

That informations will be helpful on optimising scene for animations and overall optimizations...

Thanks
Tom

I second that. For a while I've kind of wish there was a visual "heat map" during this stage, with a log, that will show you intuitively which areas/objects/materials are taking a lot of time to calculate. 9/10 it comes down to displacement and scattering, but any kind of extra info would be helpful here. Perhaps something that has to be turned on/exposed, so as not to clutter/complicate the UI.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2020-07-07, 17:14:40
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged:

(Internal ID=532334849)

If you have ideas what exactly could be logged (e.g. displacement, scatter, proxies, textures, ...) and what exact information would make sense, please do share those.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-08, 21:37:44
Reply #3

CullenJCreations

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why would you want to know this first of all? Is your render stalling part way through the parsing?

2020-07-09, 09:28:33
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Displacement is already shown as the "geometry" stage.

As for scatter it has been logged. As Maru asked is there any other information which would be helpful to see?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-09, 10:12:04
Reply #5

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it would be easier to get information about what taking most of the parsing time than hiding object end hit render to check how this affect parsing time.
That information don't have to be on the top all the time. That could be enabled and logged to the corona log file.

3DC
Tom

2020-07-09, 10:33:49
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That could be enabled and logged to the corona log file.

Agree. Additionally make it available through getStatistic(). It desperately needs overhaul anyway, even basic overall parsing time is still missing there. And it provides wrong data in prerender events.

Related:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22293.0
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2977
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=3012

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-07-15, 16:42:14
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
it would be easier to get information about what taking most of the parsing time than hiding object end hit render to check how this affect parsing time.
That information don't have to be on the top all the time. That could be enabled and logged to the corona log file.

3DC
Tom
Hi,

If I understand correctly you'd like some log output which contains something like:
Object Z parsed in x seconds
Object Y parsed in x seconds

Is it correct?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!