Author Topic: Help / Exclude from Depth of Field?  (Read 7339 times)

2020-06-04, 19:18:46

shoebu23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Help!

I tried searching around and think this was discussed at some point- but looking for some help on a simple workflow.

I often am dropping products into photography (think putting a beverage can into a table-top photo).  Simple enough.. a couple of shadow catchers and mimic the lighting- done.  However, many of the photos I'm asked to work with have a lot of depth of field going on, and I often scatter products withing the photo and use the depth of field on the camera to get the right effect on the products.

Problem- when I do that it obviously puts the depth effect on the photo as well which I don't want.

Now this isn't too big of a problem as super easy to fix in post w/ a separate shot of the backplate... but when I'm doing a whole bunch of these and clients are looking for iterative imagery to test out concepts... it adds time.

Is there a solution I'm missing here where I can get my desired results right out of the VFB.  Is it possible to exclude the backplate/shadow catcher from the depth of field from the camera?

Thanks!

2020-06-04, 19:27:05
Reply #1

shoebu23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Visual example attached, thanks everyone!

2020-06-05, 11:04:57
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is already logged as a feature request. Moving to resolved (reason: duplicate).

(Internal ID=147284084)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-06-05, 15:03:59
Reply #3

shoebu23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru, my bad