Author Topic: Essence - 4K Animation  (Read 4263 times)

2020-07-20, 17:49:10

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We usually don't get the opportunity to work on something like this. Since our client base is from India. We counter ourselves into repeating the same art styles and concepts.

We designed this project in such a way that we can focus on lighting, camera, and subject. This is a completely non-commissioned project. We got inspiration from a lot of great artists from this community.

This venture was heavily led by one of our CG artist Rishi Kasta.

We would love to see constructive criticism since this is for our learning purposes only. Thank you.

Studio.
https://dhaivatfilms.com

Artist.
https://www.instagram.com/rishi.cgi/

Follow us.
https://www.facebook.com/dhaivatfilms
https://www.instagram.com/dhaivatfilms/
https://www.behance.net/dhaivatfilms/
« Last Edit: 2020-07-20, 17:53:12 by dhaivatfilms »

2020-07-20, 21:05:13
Reply #1

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice animation, but some of those shots look quite "juddery". Is this a frame rate issue or a lack of motion blur?
Vray who?

2020-07-21, 10:25:58
Reply #2

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have tested on serval systems. Can you specify the shot where jitter happens? If anyone else is experiencing the same please do reply. Just to make sure it's not technical playback issue in 4K.

2020-07-21, 13:43:02
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I watched it in 2560x1440 resolution and everything was fine. The motion was very smooth. Great quality!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-21, 13:59:02
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just on standard 1920x1080 here, but didn't see any jitter.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-21, 14:24:32
Reply #5

serjeant

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Amazing Details.
Just Wondering how long it takes to render each frame? 

2020-07-21, 19:37:45
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have tested on serval systems. Can you specify the shot where jitter happens? If anyone else is experiencing the same please do reply. Just to make sure it's not technical playback issue in 4K.

Hmm, so the judder issue appears to be Chrome related - watching the same video at any resolution in Edge (bluergh) and it's buttery smooth! Looks like a totally different animation now :)

Great job again!

Any tips for optimising render time/denoising settings? I've yet to attempt a proper interior animation (even with my Threadripper 3970x)
Vray who?

2020-07-22, 07:28:44
Reply #7

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing Details.

Thank you.
Each frame took 2 to 5 hours depending on machines and scene complexity.

2020-07-23, 17:14:29
Reply #8

serjeant

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Amazing Details.

Thank you.
Each frame took 2 to 5 hours depending on machines and scene complexity.

OMG. So it needs a lot of patience, and properly super Render farm. perfect Result.
Thanks for your reply

2020-07-23, 19:03:35
Reply #9

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great!

Only take care - at 0:43 the wood reliefs go all over the door´s surface, despite those cassettes are from different pieces of wood,
which in reality would of course have individual relief orientations.

2020-07-27, 15:27:07
Reply #10

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hmm, so the judder issue appears to be Chrome related - watching the same video at any resolution in Edge (bluergh) and it's buttery smooth! Looks like a totally different animation now :)

Great job again!

Any tips for optimising render time/denoising settings? I've yet to attempt a proper interior animation (even with my Threadripper 3970x)

We have used 0.45 denoise value and rest denoising were done in post. We have used 50 to 200 pass for various scenes. We have even used tile rendering.

2020-07-27, 15:30:26
Reply #11

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great!

Only take care - at 0:43 the wood reliefs go all over the door´s surface, despite those cassettes are from different pieces of wood,

Considered. Thanks that you liked it. We'll take care next time.

2020-07-27, 22:10:38
Reply #12

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great!

I know, such details happen to be overviewed sometimes... none of us is Mr. Perfect. :))) Especially since scenes get super complex and your brain has to dance between hundreds of details.

However, be assured that I very much like your work.

I love that slow camera and the synchronicity of music and scene cuts. Also the music is well chosen.
Colors, light atmosphere, interior design - all superb.
Thumbs up !

2020-08-04, 16:37:46
Reply #13

dhaivatfilms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great!

I know, such details happen to be overviewed sometimes... none of us is Mr. Perfect. :))) Especially since scenes get super complex and your brain has to dance between hundreds of details.

However, be assured that I very much like your work.

I love that slow camera and the synchronicity of music and scene cuts. Also the music is well chosen.
Colors, light atmosphere, interior design - all superb.
Thumbs up !
Thank you. glad you spotted music details. However, you have to make sure that in order to sync the music you are not wasting 4k rendered frames, It makes it a little difficult than usual.