Author Topic: 4 rooms  (Read 3832 times)

2015-07-22, 15:48:24

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
heelo!

well - some months ago i started in my spare-time (rare) a speed project.
I wanted to challenge myself to create 5 different scenarios and render them within one day each.
i almost made it! they are 4 now - and actually i was able to shoot the first set of 16 images for each after one day.
I rationalised a lot of stuff. besides a very minimalistic style and re-using assets throughout them (kitchen, herbs) I started from "concepts" i have kicking around my hard-drive; you know, these never finished
set-ups of a couch and a table in a corner :)

i animated the scenes to fit to every camera, used scene-states to controll the lighting for each shot and used the old batch-render-tool to send it off to network rendering with one click.
works like a breeze! corona works like a breeze as well!

beside the technical challenge (creating the thing) it was also interesting to find out what it takes to create these sets and that they work together well as a series!

the lighting on these is VERY simple - as simple as possible :) The last one - the "loft" scenario i made after watching rawalance's great tutorial on god-rays. one might see it...

conclusion: in total i may have spend 2-3 days on each scenario - after going highres lots of flaws popped up like gaps missing, texture looking shitty etc.
the images are still far from flawless, but i have to put it to an end.
but in total it was super-fun to work in this way with corona again! cheerio!

lasse

for seeing the images larger, check our website:
http://xoio.de/en/4-rooms-study/

edit: added the full set as quadruples. see more below

« Last Edit: 2015-07-24, 12:18:35 by lasse1309 »

2015-07-23, 11:16:27
Reply #1

srikken

• Active Users
    • View Profile
whow,. just amazing!

2015-07-23, 15:40:45
Reply #2

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
4 rooms  breezes

2015-07-24, 12:20:18
Reply #3

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the "apartment" and the "countryside" sets

2015-07-24, 12:21:39
Reply #4

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the "loft" set. i played a bit with the godrays - corona is great for this, really!

2015-07-24, 12:47:20
Reply #5

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love the neutral white renders, so clean and fresh looking. Is this with just a white environment background or and HDRI?
Vray who?