Author Topic: corona is best :)  (Read 8327 times)

2013-09-18, 10:40:40

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi everyone!

I came across this great render engine with release of A5 - so somewhat late. the results I've seen around the web that have been achieved with corona really made me wanting to try that as well.
So here I'm going to share some test renders I did with it a couple of weeks ago.

I've been a strong evangelist for corona within our studio and beyond trying to convince everybody to try it out - everybody did and everybody liked it!
One of our guys literally had tears in his eyes when seeing the great results he would have needed to kick vray really hard to get them from it :) (sounds cheesy but true story).

We are slowly switching now and used corona on a handful of "real" projects now - real-estate and furniture visualization mostly. everybody's happy here!

the only critique: you should have develope that piece of software much much earlier ;)

Just read you are going to start a licensing system with the new beta - are you also planning some kind of a floating licensing system? we as a studio (12 seats) really would appreciate that!

kind regards from berlin
Lasse Rode
xoio

2013-09-18, 10:52:47
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Imagine advertising posters for Corona with this quote like in movies where they quoe magazine reviews:

"One of our guys literally had tears in his eyes when seeing the great results he would have needed to kick vray really hard to get them from it"

Great renders. I just hope when Corona goes commercial it will really get that much attention and love like now when it's free.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-18, 11:06:51
Reply #2

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
heeeey, Xoio is here with us? :) that´s just perfect, guys !! I really like your work and now, when you´re switching to Corona, it´ll be just mindblowing :)

Really want to see more works from you done with Corona !!!
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2013-09-18, 11:23:54
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think that i saw these a bit earlier than couple of weeks ago, but they are really great non the less. Simplicity and good composition held together by a nice lighting :)

2013-09-18, 11:44:00
Reply #4

st.germain

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi lasse,

same thought as you :) see gallery:))

grüße
jörg

2013-09-18, 14:02:14
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Just read you are going to start a licensing system with the new beta - are you also planning some kind of a floating licensing system? we as a studio (12 seats) really would appreciate that!

Hi,
that feature will probably not make it in beta, but it does not matter, as you will be free to activate as many free beta licences as you need.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-18, 22:00:04
Reply #6

liudovik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice

2013-09-19, 01:18:59
Reply #7

rickeloy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great testing, Lasse. What are your impressions in comparisson with V-Ray (besides being happy with the results)?

2013-09-19, 10:10:28
Reply #8

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi all,

thanks for your nice words!

@keymaster: yes, that is cool! I guess you would not make any predictions on pricing yet (read that somewhere) - being very competitive might really be a good way! I wish you all the best with your efforts ;)

@rickeloy: no bashing - but what I really enjoy is the fact that:

a) the beautiful results are also there very fast - If you got a bit into it and know a handful of tricks - like using HD cache as secondary GI solution and as primary for interior e.g.

b) you would never get crappy GI artifacts, the only thing I experienced are noise or fireflies. both things you can get rid of easily.

c) you just don't have to fiddle around with numbers all the time and keep concentrating on what you really want to do: a (hopefully) beautiful image ;)

so: all thumbs up!

best regards
Lasse

2013-09-19, 10:27:42
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

a) the beautiful results are also there very fast - If you got a bit into it and know a handful of tricks - like using HD cache as secondary GI solution and as primary for interior e.g.

Using hybrid glass in case of geometry with thickness or twosided glass in case of planes as a glass material in windows is another very important trick to speed your rendering up a lot ;)

2013-09-19, 12:50:55
Reply #10

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Using hybrid glass in case of geometry with thickness or twosided glass in case of planes as a glass material in windows is another very important trick to speed your rendering up a lot ;)

yes, things like that ;) but that's waaay less abstract than dmc-subdivision-adaptive-threshold-tweaking in 0,001 steps for hours

2013-09-19, 15:42:04
Reply #11

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
:D that´s correct. I thing hidden potential in Corona is enormous and in short time will Corona number one in rendering solutions. I think in Chaos group is now pretty big chaos :)
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2013-09-19, 16:19:10
Reply #12

eduard.caliman

• Active Users
    • View Profile

yes, things like that ;) but that's waaay less abstract than dmc-subdivision-adaptive-threshold-tweaking in 0,001 steps for hours

Couldn't agree more with you lasse, load the renderer and you're good to go.