Author Topic: Vantage and Corona  (Read 11308 times)

2022-06-09, 13:35:37

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
A Question
Has anybody ported a high poly Corona scene in to Vantage and rendered out.
Is there vantage planned for Corona..sorry to Admin for this question, but it would be extremely useful.
I am like many have both vray and corona , I bet a lot do, and work 90% of time in Corona.
But Looking the shiney side of Vray...ie Vanatge, I would like to use it.

Grass is always greener........... in other software...............
Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2022-06-13, 19:34:33
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Nobody...........I'm on my own so..
Dell Precision T7910

2022-06-13, 19:46:58
Reply #2

Marijan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Philip, don't worry, you're not allone :)
It would be really cool if we could get Vantage for Corona.
I asked about this in Corona 8 webinar, the answer was that it's not planned at this moment.
I hope this will change in the near future.

2022-06-16, 11:33:02
Reply #3

ucna

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Philip, don't worry, you're not alone :)
It would be really cool if we could get Vantage for Corona.
I asked about this in Corona 8 webinar, the answer was that it's not planned at this moment.
I hope this will change in the near future.
allow me to also add to this: Vray 6-beta, has got some amazing new stuff coming, clouds, geo-pattern tool, rule of thirds built into the VFB etc, do we expect these to be implemented in coming versions of corona?; seeing as both applications are now under the same roof. I've also looked at the roadmap for corona 9, kudos to the team, though the list of items to be covered feels more like a finishing touches to the current stable corona 8 release.

2022-06-16, 13:58:45
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
9 is, and always was intended to be, a smaller release in terms of new features - as noted in the blog when 8 came out, under What's Next "The large number of features implemented means it is time to do some maintenance, and we expect more than the usual number of change requests and feedback. Focusing on this for Corona 9 will get us back onto a regular release schedule."
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-22, 17:09:16
Reply #5

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
allow me to also add to this: Vray 6-beta, has got some amazing new stuff coming, clouds, geo-pattern tool, rule of thirds built into the VFB etc, do we expect these to be implemented in coming versions of corona?; seeing as both applications are now under the same roof. I've also looked at the roadmap for corona 9, kudos to the team, though the list of items to be covered feels more like a finishing touches to the current stable corona 8 release.

Sorry, but do you really find rule of thirds built into the VFB so important ? We have such script for that, which works perfectly fine.
Corona has a lot more extremely useful and very well designed functions which vray does not have and probably will not have ... IMHO

2022-07-12, 15:58:40
Reply #6

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for vantage - corona export/connection.

2022-07-12, 16:02:16
Reply #7

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
+1 for corona / vantage

2022-07-19, 10:09:24
Reply #8

Starline

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for me too

2022-09-01, 09:34:38
Reply #9

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
If I may suggest, I would put this on top of the list. A lot people now wanna play with the Chaos tools. Congrats on Cosmos, that was a great move! Although I have licenses to Vray I don't plan to switch over my work to another renderer. They work almost the same, but I have to say the other side is greener and there's Vantage integration.

Can I get Vantage for Christmas?

2022-09-16, 14:30:38
Reply #10

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Please, Please.Please.....
Dell Precision T7910

2022-10-09, 16:06:10
Reply #11

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for Corona to Vantage implementation

2022-10-31, 17:32:30
Reply #12

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona has a lot more extremely useful and very well designed functions which vray does not have and probably will not have ... IMHO

Really?? such as???
both of them gives you the same ressults and have mostly the same tools, specially with this new version, there are no differences (obviusly there are, but none that really matters) in my opinion it only affects on which you feel more confortable.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-31, 17:38:33 by RTstudio »

2022-11-09, 10:52:47
Reply #13

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
I have to say I don't agree, out of the box, vray is far more work to get the colours right , the lighting correct, despite what the vray Youtube channel says.
Corona dosen't crash as often either, I have started the same projects and worked on both Vray and Corona on a daily basis, and Vray will crash everytime.
Corona handels the Polygons much better.

Vray has a few tools I would love , Vantage, Colloration tool is a must me for me, and I have to wait to see if they are coming.
« Last Edit: 2022-11-10, 08:46:29 by Philip kelly »
Dell Precision T7910

2022-11-17, 19:32:56
Reply #14

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Really?? such as???
both of them gives you the same ressults and have mostly the same tools, specially with this new version, there are no differences (obviusly there are, but none that really matters) in my opinion it only affects on which you feel more confortable.

Yes. really.

Look at my Reply #5 here : https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36843.msg200237#msg200237
This is not a full list, and it is even without bug-listing ...