Author Topic: Exclude - Include object list on Corona Camera  (Read 4948 times)

2016-06-24, 11:10:39

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Lumo Studio Arch & Design
Hi All!

In a render that I´m doing, I hav 2 cams and in one cam I will render any objects (trees) and on other view I will render without this objects (trees)

Then I´m think about exclude include list on a corona camera created (yes, develop a corona camera just for this).

then with the internal cam of max is not possible do this.

What you think about this?

Best Regards.

Tiago
Learning...

2016-06-24, 11:22:30
Reply #1

NicoB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hej Tiago4D,

have you tried scene states in MAX?
It works very easy and does exactly what you describe.

I often use it, while rendering a batch.

best regards
Nico

2016-06-24, 11:34:06
Reply #2

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-06-24, 15:25:05
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Quick´n dirty version if it´s about stills:

You could just use different frames for the shots (or animate one camera) and animate the objects out of the camera frustum (or under some groundplane for example if present).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-12-19, 09:50:54
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is already implemented in the Corona Camera.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-12-12, 23:25:30
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.
I'd like to suggest a change in the way this is implemented.

Currently if a camera has an object in the include list, that is the only object the camera renders.

I think it would make sense if the following happens:
If there's an object in the include list, then the camera renders all objects normally, but that object is excluded from all other cameras. So that camera that has the object in the include list is the only one to render that object.
This would allow to have a feature that works a little like state sets but much easier to use and more practical.
In other words, if we want an object to show on one camera but not other cameras, we just add it to this include list. And if we want to see it on more than one we just add the object to the include list of any camera that we want it to show the object.

Does it make sense?

This wouldn't apply to exclude, I think. So exclude would behave the way it works now.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-12, 23:36:42 by lupaz »

2022-12-13, 11:07:03
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think current implementation makes perfect sense, while your suggestion is counterintuitive and most likely would confuse many users. Maybe it's worth considering about adding third state "exclusive", where objects in that list would render only on given camera, but the current include/exclude behaviour should stay unchanged IMO.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-13, 14:19:36
Reply #7

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think current implementation makes perfect sense, while your suggestion is counterintuitive and most likely would confuse many users. Maybe it's worth considering about adding third state "exclusive", where objects in that list would render only on given camera, but the current include/exclude behaviour should stay unchanged IMO.

Fair enough. That would be even better.

2022-12-14, 16:29:10
Reply #8

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.
I'd like to suggest a change in the way this is implemented.

Currently if a camera has an object in the include list, that is the only object the camera renders.

I think it would make sense if the following happens:
If there's an object in the include list, then the camera renders all objects normally, but that object is excluded from all other cameras. So that camera that has the object in the include list is the only one to render that object.
This would allow to have a feature that works a little like state sets but much easier to use and more practical.
In other words, if we want an object to show on one camera but not other cameras, we just add it to this include list. And if we want to see it on more than one we just add the object to the include list of any camera that we want it to show the object.

Does it make sense?

This wouldn't apply to exclude, I think. So exclude would behave the way it works now.

Thanks.

Hi,

The "issue" is about making, still, the exclusion, faster. Even if there is a new way of filtering out objects, it will be doing the same thing of exclusion/inclusion in the background.
Say you have a scene and object(s) which you want to see in only 1 of 10 cameras.
You still need to exclude it/them from 9 cameras. And still keep the other include/exclude properties of all cameras. And this may get confusing.

There are multiple ways of doing what you want, including scene states and state sets, plus custom keyed visibility or moving out from camera frustum.

The closest thing I see to your suggestion, if you work with many cameras and that is the case for you, is to use the selection sets and their dedicated drop-down for include/exclude lists. Add those objects to the a selection set and then quickly pick it for all CoronaCameras needed, to exclude from all but one.
Another speed-boost of UI in this can be a general feature request as CoronaCamera lister, where you can select multiple cameras, enabled include/exclude and pick the created selection set.

I would not complicate the current behavior of include/exclude lists with a new method. It is rarely the case and there are multiple alternatives for it.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2022-12-14, 16:35:40
Reply #9

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile