Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 111265 times)

2016-10-02, 01:50:57
Reply #600

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@pokoy on performance - so I wasn't the only one who noticed it ) It was just that in my case it fluctuated quite randomly even during the same build yet different windows versions which I had to install due to the previous one dying suddenly due to a nasty bsod during windows update installation or even during after some C++ redistributables containing software installations, still wondering what it was C++ library incompatibilities or some internal Corona DB stuff, but I'm almost ready to bet it was C++ stuff )

2016-10-02, 12:04:42
Reply #601

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@pokoy on performance - so I wasn't the only one who noticed it ) It was just that in my case it fluctuated quite randomly even during the same build yet different windows versions which I had to install due to the previous one dying suddenly due to a nasty bsod during windows update installation or even during after some C++ redistributables containing software installations, still wondering what it was C++ library incompatibilities or some internal Corona DB stuff, but I'm almost ready to bet it was C++ stuff )

It's a good thing if there's a boost, of course. On the other hand, it makes me nervous sometimes because it's hard to tell if something is related to the C++ redist or if it's something different any you never know if Corona runs on 100%.

I just noticed that there were no changes to the LayerMtl and its handling of the opacity parameter, it's still functional only as long as there's no mask. Could we get the parameter to work at all times? I'd love to see this in 1.5 since it's really an important small fix. Related thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12085.0.html

2016-10-02, 19:56:00
Reply #602

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
LUTs

- Something I'd love to see is if the LUT file dialog would have the very useful history drop-down menu. My LUTs are far away on the network and navigating is a pain once I accidentally hit the 'built in' button.

We will look into ways how to do it for 1.6 (can you create a thread/mantis ticket for it so we dont forget?). In the meantime: Protip: try "mklink /J "C:/Program Files/COrona/LUT/mine" "D:/wherever"
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-03, 15:30:32
Reply #603

diogovb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, folks.
My 1.5 RC1 is really buggy... After some while rendering you cannot close the Frame Buffer, freezes the VFB. It keeps rendering and do not stop, then I have to reopen 3ds max.

2016-10-03, 15:36:38
Reply #604

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
by any chance... 3ds max 2017?

I see they rolled out SP3 for 2017 and it started freezing my GUI randomly for a minute or so because of the pile of epicness known as Infocenter. I really hope this is not general problem with 2017 SP3, I really do not want to deal with all the bug reports of people thinking this is caused by Corona 1.5... :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-03, 15:39:05
Reply #605

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If the issues are indeed caused by infocenter, then check the script in attachment. Put it into scripts/startup either in 3ds Max install folder or in AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\201X - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup

2016-10-03, 16:17:34
Reply #606

diogovb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes it's 2017 here. Let's try this, thanks

2016-10-03, 21:37:49
Reply #607

diogovb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The issue keeps... I think it's not a max problem... Before 1.5 everything was ok

2016-10-03, 22:05:04
Reply #608

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
is the whole 3dsmax UI frozen? If so, can you create a minidump and post it here?

2016-10-03, 22:44:19
Reply #609

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

In some cases while rendering with using Bloom and Glare effect in VFB buffer a picture disappear to black///
1.5 rc1 max 2016///

2016-10-04, 07:51:29
Reply #610

Cheesemsmsm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is a bug. Corona system settings can't save and load with render presets/scene files.
I always enable autosave and rename the filename for each scene but now every scene uses the same name.
Also, the dialog box doesn't remember the position of previously opened.

2016-10-04, 10:28:02
Reply #611

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

In some cases while rendering with using Bloom and Glare effect in VFB buffer a picture disappear to black///
1.5 rc1 max 2016///
is it reproducible? If so, can you send a scene?

2016-10-04, 12:24:30
Reply #612

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1.5 rc1 max 2016///

here is the scene file with this problem/
With interactive render mode  always OK, but in Production render mode after several passes render disappear to black...
when switching channels image that appears and after that again
disappears///
perhaps this is due to the using Corona Output map over HDR image on background or Global Volume material in Corona environment slot or may be  it depends on the render resolution  ///
Without Bloom effect always OK///
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04, 13:36:00 by denisgo22 »

2016-10-04, 13:30:47
Reply #613

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is a bug. Corona system settings can't save and load with render presets/scene files.
I always enable autosave and rename the filename for each scene but now every scene uses the same name.
Also, the dialog box doesn't remember the position of previously opened.
working on the dialog position. As for the autosave... see attached ;)

2016-10-04, 16:08:29
Reply #614

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

1.5 rc1 max 2016///

here is the scene file with this problem/
With interactive render mode  always OK, but in Production render mode after several passes render disappear to black...
when switching channels image that appears and after that again
disappears///
perhaps this is due to the using Corona Output map over HDR image on background or Global Volume material in Corona environment slot or may be  it depends on the render resolution  ///
Without Bloom effect always OK///
fixed