Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 112910 times)

2016-07-18, 11:03:41
Reply #195

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
rough renderman vs corona 0-gloss (guess which is which)

I think the file name can be a hint ;)
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2016-07-20, 10:32:25
Reply #196

DelightingPictures

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Delighting Pictures
All new scenes that we are working with Corona 1.5  Daily build 2016_15_07 work perfectly but in the moment that we save the file and we have to open it again the 3D Max crash and closed the program straight away.
At the study we have come back to install Corona 1.4 and seems that 3D Max is running perfectly.

2016-07-20, 11:50:34
Reply #197

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All new scenes that we are working with Corona 1.5  Daily build 2016_15_07 work perfectly but in the moment that we save the file and we have to open it again the 3D Max crash and closed the program straight away.
At the study we have come back to install Corona 1.4 and seems that 3D Max is running perfectly.
Post the minidump here (or create a new bug report for this), I had the same happening with a db and devs were able to fix it for the next build with the help of the minidump.

2016-07-21, 13:10:18
Reply #198

martinsik

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Glare and bloom overshoots rendered region. Can it be fixed?
Unfortunately, using glare and bloom with only selected rendered regions and then compositing these images together will never work.
The reason is that one bright pixel anywhere in the image will influence bloom and glare effect of the whole image.
Excluding such pixel in one region and then including it in another, will cause that each region has a different bloom/glare effect and it will be impossible
to composite these regions into one image.
For this very reason we always compute bloom/glare for the whole image and ignore render regions.

2016-07-21, 16:44:12
Reply #199

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
3dsmax physical material, ART vs. Corona. Most of the differences are due to unsupported features in ART (cellular map, displacement, object visibility track, ...)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-22, 11:11:38
Reply #200

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Glare and bloom overshoots rendered region. Can it be fixed?
Unfortunately, using glare and bloom with only selected rendered regions and then compositing these images together will never work.
The reason is that one bright pixel anywhere in the image will influence bloom and glare effect of the whole image.
Excluding such pixel in one region and then including it in another, will cause that each region has a different bloom/glare effect and it will be impossible
to composite these regions into one image.
For this very reason we always compute bloom/glare for the whole image and ignore render regions.
I was thinking about possibility to cut B&G effects to region after they're calculated,and not calculate only the region. But on second thaught, this operation could be easily done in photoshop, while it would be impossible to regain information if it would be cut in renderer, so i withdraw my complain :]

3dsmax physical material, ART vs. Corona. Most of the differences are due to unsupported features in ART (cellular map, displacement, object visibility track, ...)
Ondra, does CoronaPBR material still planned, for those who not on latest max version?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-22, 12:35:49
Reply #201

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very cool to see support for this. It'll be interesting how you redirect the SSS parameters, they are somewhat simple in the PhysicalMtl.

2016-07-22, 13:50:43
Reply #202

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ondra, does CoronaPBR material still planned, for those who not on latest max version?
Definitely, I mean, there are not enough different PBR standards, so we need to create our own :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-22, 15:09:36
Reply #203

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Great! One CoronaPBR standart to rule them all :]

2016-07-22, 16:34:49
Reply #204

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Build jul 21

On render stop (either manually or conditionally stopping) blur and glare gets changed, but can be retrieved to its original state by clicking on any spinner in post process tab. Canceling render through render dialog does not alter B&G output.

2016-07-22, 16:58:03
Reply #205

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Build jul 21

On render stop (either manually or conditionally stopping) blur and glare gets changed, but can be retrieved to its original state by clicking on any spinner in post process tab. Canceling render through render dialog does not alter B&G output.

I have same problem///
after the refresh of the same values all filters come back right///

2016-07-22, 17:01:09
Reply #206

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'd like to bump this one: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=294

Corona is now almost there when it comes to emulating camera out of the box (same way Fstorm does). This would be the last piece of puzzle.

Practical implementation would be same way as Blender or Octane. Just a single dropdown button, which would default to "Linear" or "None" and would be list of all the Camera LUTs + Linear setting.

2016-07-23, 18:45:16
Reply #207

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Build jul 21

Same happens on image saving. It seems that it's impossible to save image from VFB correctly with bloom N' glare enabled.

2016-07-24, 15:23:24
Reply #208

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'd like to bump this one: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=294

Corona is now almost there when it comes to emulating camera out of the box (same way Fstorm does). This would be the last piece of puzzle.

Practical implementation would be same way as Blender or Octane. Just a single dropdown button, which would default to "Linear" or "None" and would be list of all the Camera LUTs + Linear setting.

LUTs, super handy !. + Custom one.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-07-25, 04:19:46
Reply #209

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
Getting fth errors after installing it on windows 10 now, before on windows 7 rpmanager seemed to fix it after installation but now nothing helps, tried it with 1.4 and now the latest daily build, here are screenshots from the error and after i install rpmanager, it said it increased the limit but doesnt seem to have increased it far enough. i remember before none of the options to fix it worked and i had a set of corrupted files in the end so dont want to go that route, is this something i should mail microsoft about?
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970