Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113483 times)

2016-09-30, 22:10:53
Reply #585

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Some problem exist with 1.5 RC1 on max 2016///
With interactive render mod, material editor don't show all active editable material's///
It's problem only for me, or even someone else happens the same?///
can you show what you mean exactly? And can you make sure you dont have mtl editor disabled for interactive rendering
(new system settings)?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-30, 22:30:21
Reply #586

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some problem exist with 1.5 RC1 on max 2016///
With interactive render mod, material editor don't show all active editable material's///
It's problem only for me, or even someone else happens the same?///
can you show what you mean exactly? And can you make sure you dont have mtl editor disabled for interactive rendering
(new system settings)?

Here is it-----

2016-09-30, 22:43:17
Reply #587

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Your material editor is disabled during interactive. You have to enable it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-30, 22:50:16
Reply #588

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!!
But i think that material editor must be enabled by default in order to avoid such cases...
because it is needed mainly for Interactive mode:)
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30, 22:54:16 by denisgo22 »

2016-09-30, 23:11:58
Reply #589

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I agree with you. Although i prefer it to be disabled, but for most that might be confusing, especially now when it's somehow hidden.

2016-09-30, 23:52:13
Reply #590

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't agree, that's the whole point of interactive. You can have the object rendered right there before your eyes as you tweak the material, why bother with little sphere preview.

2016-10-01, 00:12:04
Reply #591

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Heh that's funny, all I ever used interactive for was Light and Materials ( 50/50 ) not once did I  use it for geometry :- ) Wonder if IR could be made faster if it knew no geo could be changed, my mid-to-heavier scenes are one big lag-fest to point of it not being usable.
(although that thing with physical camera might have to do with it too, but what the heck ?)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-01, 00:17:54
Reply #592

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another vote for material editor being on by default in IR, it's really the point of IR most of the time.

2016-10-01, 09:03:16
Reply #593

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is on by default, it was off in previous daily by mistake ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-01, 10:38:06
Reply #594

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn, good to know, just turned it off :D

2016-10-01, 10:46:43
Reply #595

Cheesemsmsm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra,

Is it possible to save PostPros+Lightmix config in the same file? It would be very convenient.

2016-10-01, 11:58:07
Reply #596

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I find that vignette in RC build is way too weak. It looks like it dims most outer edges of image just by about 0,5 EV. IMHO that's not enough.

2016-10-01, 22:40:48
Reply #597

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I find that vignette in RC build is way too weak. It looks like it dims most outer edges of image just by about 0,5 EV. IMHO that's not enough.
Same here. It could go well beyond 1 ;)

Some feedback on 1.5 RC1:

LUTs

- Something I'd love to see is if the LUT file dialog would have the very useful history drop-down menu. My LUTs are far away on the network and navigating is a pain once I accidentally hit the 'built in' button.
- The LUT name and drop-down list could be longer. There are commercial LUTs with descriptions/info in the filenames and they get truncated since the list box is too short.
- Is it me or are some of the LUTs coming with the installer too bright and harsh? Some commercial LUTs that I have behave well in terms of brightness mostly while some of the built in LUTs produce somewhat extreme results. When enabling them I need to decrease exposure by quite a lot.
- Love the b/w LUTs - wouldn't mind to see more of them ;)

UI

Good job with cleaning up the UI. It seems some settings are gone, I seem to remember reading a post that some settings are global now and are stored in a config file. Could we have a button to open the config file in order to change settings? Do we need to restart Max after changing the file? I'd like to change the material slot quality setting for example but without restarting Max... I probably missed something here but couldn't find a few parameters.

Bloom and Glare

Thanks for the On/Off checkbox! I still feel Color Intensity is the wrong term. I have no clue what it does internally but using it is only possible for artistic results. I would like to see a true saturation boost parameter since I find it's hard to produce really saturated effects from colored lights. I'd still like the current parameter but we should really get a true saturation control.
(I have some thoughts on improving glare and would like to come up with some examples but I guess you'd want to do this at a later point.)

Performance

I've been running a daily build from mid-September and RC cuts scene parsing time on a bigger scene from 40 to 20 seconds and RAM usage went down from 35GB to 17GB, so both were cut down by 50%. It also feels snappier. Don't know what kind of Voodoo this is, but either it was running crappy before or you did an amazing job on speeding up things. Whatever it is, I'm happy :)

You rock, thanks for an amazing point release!

2016-10-01, 23:00:56
Reply #598

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Good job with cleaning up the UI. It seems some settings are gone, I seem to remember reading a post that some settings are global now and are stored in a config file. Could we have a button to open the config file in order to change settings? Do we need to restart Max after changing the file? I'd like to change the material slot quality setting for example but without restarting Max... I probably missed something here but couldn't find a few parameters.

You can find those settings in render setup>system>system settings. And if you need access settings that aren't exposed in UI, enable devel/debug rollout (you can find it in same system settings window) and there you'll find open config dir button, which will lead you to config file. And you don't have to restart max session if you changed something in config file. Reset render settings is enough, either by dedicated button in scene tab or by changed renderer to some else and then back again to Corona.

Hope this helps.

2016-10-01, 23:04:00
Reply #599

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I totally missed that button - thanks a lot! Everything's fine again :D