Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113454 times)

2016-09-29, 16:28:51
Reply #570

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Thanks Maru / Juraj

No it was just out of curiosity... i had played with 18th september DB on a current project, but thats over for now and won't probably come back. Competitions! :D

2016-09-29, 16:53:43
Reply #571

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
#1: just finished saving postproc parameters ;)

Tested that quite extensively over the days, well, what to say - again, it makes life a lot easier but I would still prefer if those post processing presets would be somehow linked or could contain lighmix's ones too, that would be way easier to manage. If it is, for some reason, impossible to do then at least making those presets file extensions different might be a good idea and could make it a little more usable and a little more foolproof solution, so loading and saving post process preset wouldn't see lightmix's ones and vice versa thus eliminating possibility to accidentally overwrite one with the other, which happened to me a couple of times already ))
 Still I think it would be better to have one type incorporating both lighmix and post presets - when saving lighmix's ones the post settings would be saved automatically with it and the other way around - if lighmix render element is not present in the scene then simply ignore those values and save only post ones, same could go for loading lighmix\post preset saved from lighmix containing scene into one where it is not enabled - corona could simply ignore those that's all )

About my earlier complaints with ram usage increase in earlier dailies - well first of the recent installer builds fixed that, so probably that was indeed some crappy versions of C# or something else installed with some other soft, well, am I glad it's fixed + now I know how to fix that if it occurs in the future and, I'm most sure, it will ))

2016-09-29, 19:05:41
Reply #572

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Didn't see that mentioned before, does anybody observed anomalies with colour picker in DB? I'm on a latest daily and colour picker, default as well as Corona's enchaced one, behaves somehow odd - hue value sticks to certain intervals and keeps reseting no matter what. I'm on a urgent project right now, so can't afford jumping between builds, but i suspect it could be due to new colour picker have been introduced. Can anybody test it and confirm? And compare with pre Corona colour picker build (september 16?)? Not a bug. See explanation in #581 post.

Oh, and i don't like fact that default picker accepts values in linear while Corona's picker does that in sRGB. Very confusing. Could we have switch like in CoronaColourMap?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30, 09:48:21 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-29, 20:37:47
Reply #573

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
+1 for values in linear, pleeeeeaaaaase!

2016-09-29, 20:52:46
Reply #574

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Quick question - should the "Rest (unassigned)" in the LightMix always be created, even if it is empty (that is, all lights are assigned)?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-29, 21:28:08
Reply #575

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Oh, and i don't like fact that default picker accepts values in linear while Corona's picker does that in sRGB. Very confusing. Could we have switch like in CoronaColourMap?

+1 for values in linear, pleeeeeaaaaase!

Would be great to have 3 circles where you could choose between sRGB (for color maps), RGB (for technical maps) and Linear Values (easier to use when mapping material functions).
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-09-29, 23:31:01
Reply #576

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Quick question - should the "Rest (unassigned)" in the LightMix always be created, even if it is empty (that is, all lights are assigned)?
there are a lot of things that could go into the unassigned slot, such as self-illum, fakes, shadowcatcher, volumetrics, ..., so I decided to always show it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-30, 00:30:27
Reply #577

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY! Just wanted to be sure it was all part of the plan :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-30, 08:58:49
Reply #578

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I like UI rearagement you did lately. Feels much cleaner and more logical now. And everything fits in render setup window without scrolling again, even despite that stupid Autodesk's decision to move renderer selection controls to top. Good job!

2016-09-30, 09:16:20
Reply #579

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Errr... where devel/debug settings are gone? Cannot find it anywhere.

Also, do you plan to ship at least few luts with Corona installer, right now warning message about missing luts pops out whenever i try to activate lut checkbox.

And lastly, now, that glare&bloom has checkbox, maybe it's worth to set glare and bloom spinners to some other values than 0 by default. 1 should be good.

2016-09-30, 09:21:25
Reply #580

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Errr... where devel/debug settings are gone? Cannot find it anywhere.

The enable checkbox for this is in the new system settings dialog. With the changes in global settings, it was probably reset to default (disabled) state.

Also, do you plan to ship at least few luts with Corona installer, right now warning message about missing luts pops out whenever i try to activate lut checkbox.

We wanted to add some default LUTs in the latest release, but I managed to introduce some last minute bug which prevented us from doing so. Unless I screw up again, there should be LUTs in the next installer :)

2016-09-30, 09:45:45
Reply #581

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The enable checkbox for this is in the new system settings dialog. With the changes in global settings, it was probably reset to default (disabled) state.

Ah, found it, thanks!

Didn't see that mentioned before, does anybody observed anomalies with colour picker in DB? I'm on a latest daily and colour picker, default as well as Corona's enchaced one, behaves somehow odd - hue value sticks to certain intervals and keeps reseting no matter what. I'm on a urgent project right now, so can't afford jumping between builds, but i suspect it could be due to new colour picker have been introduced. Can anybody test it and confirm? And compare with pre Corona colour picker build (september 16?)?

Scratch that, i think i find what's causing this. It's just at very low RGB values, it takes quite a lot of shifting hue and/or saturation to affect RGB by one digit. Strangely i never noticed that before. I guess dubcat's proposal of Corona picker to be available in linear in 0-1 range, would solve that.

2016-09-30, 16:36:21
Reply #582

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
some strange behavior with backburnner, it seems to render fine but if you click on the vfb it turns darker and the resulting images stays like that and also the next ones that servers is assigned.

2016-09-30, 21:36:45
Reply #583

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some problem exist with 1.5 RC1 on max 2016///
With interactive render mod, material editor don't show all active editable material's///
It's problem only for me, or even someone else happens the same?///
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30, 21:41:38 by denisgo22 »

2016-09-30, 21:47:25
Reply #584

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Some problem exist with 1.5 RC1 on max 2016///
With interactive render mod, material editor don't show all active editable material's///
It's problem only for me, or even someone else happens the same?///

Happens here too.

Dionysios -