Author Topic: mayaToCorona 0.47  (Read 40402 times)

2015-11-19, 20:04:29

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Only two small updates:

- reimplemented dump and resume renderings. You can now activate it from render globals and push a button to save/load framebuffer for resume
- changed the roundCorner connection from messate to point. Before the attribute was grayed out for what reason ever and it was not possible to simply connect a roundCorners. Not you should be able to connect a roundCorners via drag'n drop.

2015-11-20, 02:53:58
Reply #1

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now roundCorners not working

2015-11-20, 09:44:14
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Arrrgh... you are right, I forgot to update a part with the correct attribute, I'll post a new version tomorrow.

2015-11-21, 16:29:10
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Shoud now work again. Bugfix release is ready for download at the usual location.

2015-11-22, 13:46:25
Reply #4

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now with roundCorners node working but that with attribute "roundCorners"?

Waiting chackbox animation in Render View. Very need.

And performance... Max A6 faster near 10-15%. Especially with textures

2015-11-22, 19:14:06
Reply #5

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I implemented round corners the way it now works for the other 3d packages. There will be no roundCorners attribute like in the old shader. I suppose there will be a object set attribute sometime in the near future.
Now with the noOSL textures, I don't have very much influence in the speed any more. It is all pure Corona unless you use OSL shaders.
I only implement a animation option in the render view if more than only one person needs it. I personally do not like it, and it is the first thing I turn off in vray. The goal is to be as interactive as possible and this is not the case any more if you do animations. And if you are not interactive any more you can do batch rendering with one mouseclick.

2015-11-23, 04:41:25
Reply #6

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I only implement a animation option in the render view if more than only one person needs it. I personally do not like it, and it is the first thing I turn off in vray. The goal is to be as interactive as possible and this is not the case any more if you do animations. And if you are not interactive any more you can do batch rendering with one mouseclick.

I need 5-10 frames sequence. 2-3 hours per frame.
it is better to see the problem in a buffer.
Very hard implement this checkbox?

2015-11-23, 10:00:47
Reply #7

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Implementing a checkbox is not a problem. The main problem is that it is error prone. Normally you fire off a rendering and you can continue to work. But as soon as you start a sequence, you should not change the scene any more because this can cause problems if the next frame is rendered.

So what you need is not to be able to render a sequence directly in the UI, but you need a standalone viewer for a batch rendering which shows the render process. Even if it is the plan to implement such a standalone viewer, it will take some time, at least a few months.

2015-11-30, 20:46:53
Reply #8

jpatton

• Users
    • View Profile
The render settings do not load.  I get this error:

# Error: line 2: MelError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\language.py line 906: Error during execution of MEL script: line 2: KeyError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\system.py line 543: renderData
Script:
  CoronaCommonGlobalsCreateTab

any ideas?

2015-11-30, 23:59:40
Reply #9

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you have installed Mtoa or Vray on your system?

2015-12-02, 19:27:37
Reply #10

jpatton

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi, I have vray installed.

2015-12-03, 10:57:05
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's a problem. The reason is that maya does not have a built in way to overwrite the  commonGlobalsTab. There are different ways to approach this problem, either you recreate the whole thing from scratch, that's the way Arnold and myself is doing it, or - the vray way - you overwrite the system mel files. In other words, I cannot guarantee that the plugin works with together if other other plugins are loaded. That's the simple conclusion.

2015-12-04, 02:22:40
Reply #12

RickToxik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi j(eff?)patton and haggi,

I also had the same problem in the past with many other renderers.  Usually the render settings window was opening but one tab was missing, just changing tab was helping to recreate the problem.  But I guess if you post that you just can't access any render setting at all...

I had this kind of problem with arnold and especially with octane.  Octane was creating objects custom attributes that were interfering heavily with other renderers or could mess up the scene when you did not have octane loaded or available on your system.  The problem was so bad in my case that I stopped using octane in big part because of this - it was crashing scenes and preventing me tu operate maya without octane installed or loaded!...

Anyway, trying to be not too long, vray creates custom attributes too, so if you're shading a scene in corona that was originally in vray, you might have some custom attributes on your objects that conflict with corona...  And this could mess up your render settings - I've seen this in Arnold.

So, what I mean to say is that there is a chance that you cannot resolve this issue if you are interacting with objects that have been previously loaded in another renderer, maybe because of objects custom attributes that corona cannot deal with.  Maybe this is not the case but I have seen this before : )
Maya 2016, windows 10

2015-12-13, 19:38:34
Reply #13

Eian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,

The batch rendering doesn't seem to work in this version..
I also get a crash when I try to go to a different frame while IPR rendering..

"About Corona" gives me the following error
"# Error: IndexError: file C:\Program Files\Corona\mayaToCorona\scripts\Corona\menu.py line 36: list index out of range # "
Not important I know but thought I should let you know anyway.

Using maya 2016 on the latest version of windows 10 (64Bit) btw.

Regards
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04, 15:46:49 by Eian »

2015-12-14, 09:50:23
Reply #14

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I'll have a look.