General Category > General CG Discussion

The Betrayal : the new Chaos price list.

(1/3) > >>

zules:
​Hi there,
i'm using Corona for years now, and feel betrayed about new Chaos price list.

I was affraid when Chaos bought Render Legion to see a monopolistic company emerged from this acquisition. I'm not disappointed.

What else than a monopolistic company can increase its price from 88% in a single email ?

Yes +88% : from 418.80€ a year for 1 WS + 3 nodes licence, to 787.68€ in Premium + 2 nodes now.

So +88% for less.

When I see the home page of Corona : "affordable".

Are you kidding ? You are anything but affordable.

And what did we get for this increase ?

Chaos Cosmos that helps but with hundreds of bad models from Enscape without any use for high quality rendering.
Chaos Phenix, I dont need it
Chaos Player neither
​Chaos Scans I never used and mostly never will.

All I need is an affordable render to run on 1 workstation + 2 nodes I bough years ago.
As a freelancer for a decade now, life can be hard and you don't help anymore. I feel so betrayed.

We can say that Central Europe is now as capitalistic as US : congrats guys.​

TomG:
If you have a Premium +3 nodes license from keeping a subscription active from before Corona 8, while the price changes to the new Premium price, you do still have the +3 render nodes. So long as the subscription renews without interruption, those +3 nodes stay there, even if the price of the Premium changes.

zules:
Ok, good to know for me the time being (how long...) but it doesnt change the fact and the abuse of dominant position that Chaos demonstrate.

handz:
Chaos is the worst thing that happened to Corona, they already made the Corona unusable for hobby / occasional users, when they rised the price ridiculously some time ago now they doing it again. This is horrible, I have a full Adobe software line for what Corona cost monthly.

zules:
Yes I totally agree...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version