Author Topic: Corona Bitmap not loading TIF files correctly.  (Read 3762 times)

2018-04-24, 16:38:46

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've just converted all bitmaps in my scene to Corona bitmaps.  Only to find it's not acknowledging TIF files.  It's converted them, but if I click view image it just shows me a black preview.  If i load the image normally using standard bitmap it works fine.

THis happened with an opacity map and a displacement map, so both greyscale images.  I only noticed because the geometry with an opacity map wasn't in the render as it was a using a pure black image.

2018-04-24, 19:18:56
Reply #1

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
I had a similar problem and actually thought Max had a problem loading very large Tiff files.
I had the material saved in my Library so I could easily just re-apply, but now that I think
of it this happened every time I ran the scene converter, which then converted to Corona Bitmap

2018-04-24, 23:35:29
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
bit of a pain really, once you've converted everything, i have no idea which materials contain TIFs etc, and I sure as hell ain't gonna check everyone on a scene with tonnes of materials, so i just have to wait for the render to see if anything has screwed up.

2018-04-25, 17:19:28
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
are you sure it's is load in standard loader? Because to me 3ds max can't load 32bit tiff file, it is not corona issue

2018-04-26, 14:57:47
Reply #4

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I never mentioned 32bit and I'm positive it works in standard loader.  It renders fine with standard loader, doesn't render fine inside corona bitmap

2018-04-26, 20:19:36
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
are you sure it's is load in standard loader? Because to me 3ds max can't load 32bit tiff file, it is not corona issue

Yeah what the hell is with this ? I recently found this out, had to convert everything manually to OpenExr in Photoshop, but even PS couldn't do it directly because of strange B/W color profile, had to duplicate it to empty 32bit file with no color profile.
Given the I/O error is thrown up by 3dsMax, I would blame Autodesk this time.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-07-13, 14:34:57
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
According to my tests with 8/16/32-bit tifs and 3ds Max 2018, the 3ds Max loader can handle everything, and the Corona Bitmap cannot handle 32-bit tif. Let's see if we can do something about it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us