Author Topic: Villa  (Read 10464 times)

2013-03-26, 03:59:52

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Hi, this is an old personal project i'm updating it these days, and i wanted to render it with corona this time, so i'm working on its materials and elements etc and this is the first test.

I did use forestpack here since it's compatible now and it does a pretty good job, only thin is the noise still appearing even after about 3h30  of rendering ( second image ) for an exterier scene.

There is also some weird few white dots even if i used only an hdri map with no additional light.

i used PT-PT 4-10

2013-03-26, 10:37:22
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Only thing missing is Barbie and Ken by the pool... or some ponies :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-26, 10:42:54
Reply #2

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Try PT+HD, and make sure you window glass is just planes with twosided material. That should speed the convergence up a bit ;)

2013-03-26, 11:23:18
Reply #3

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Only thing missing is Barbie and Ken by the pool... or some ponies :D

hehehe some Lego characters should help also :D
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26, 12:35:53 by Chakib »

2013-03-26, 11:29:13
Reply #4

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Try PT+HD, and make sure you window glass is just planes with twosided material. That should speed the convergence up a bit ;)
windows are box i think i will check them, i think hd cache can help with speed i will try it here thanks.

2013-03-26, 16:50:55
Reply #5

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
reduce gamma, maybe to 1.5, can change the position of the sun. Need more contrast!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-03-26, 17:42:33
Reply #6

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
reduce gamma, maybe to 1.5, can change the position of the sun. Need more contrast!
I agree, these are with no post and i don't like the contrast in post processing of corona, will be applied with color correction in photoshop, also need to test more sky versions to see, i'll do also a night version with light, i think it will give more beauty with the outside lights on grass and pool.

2013-03-26, 17:57:50
Reply #7

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Well, I'll wait to continue;)!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-03-26, 18:44:17
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think that redish-pinkish light is a very bad decision for this scene...  I would go with orange-blue-green tones... And i would also try some narrower camera angles ;)

2013-03-26, 19:11:53
Reply #9

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I think that redish-pinkish light is a very bad decision for this scene...  I would go with orange-blue-green tones... And i would also try some narrower camera angles ;)

Yeah true it looks   too funky here.

2013-03-26, 19:24:54
Reply #10

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Just wondering if there is a possibility of calculating caustics to add more beauty to the pool ( isolating the pool and sun light to calculate it ), any tips in parameters?

2013-03-26, 19:40:45
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Just wondering if there is a possibility of calculating caustics to add more beauty to the pool ( isolating the pool and sun light to calculate it ), any tips in parameters?
Renderer: progressive photon mapping, or renderer: Bidir/VCM set to VCM mode should do it, if your scene is not overly big. You just need to tweak the photon radius parameter.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-26, 20:39:57
Reply #12

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Renderer: progressive photon mapping, or renderer: Bidir/VCM set to VCM mode should do it, if your scene is not overly big. You just need to tweak the photon radius parameter.

Thanks will try it tonight and post it here

2013-03-26, 22:51:12
Reply #13

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
This is a night version i'm working on it to test lights and materials, render took about 1h for a 1280x720 with PT-HD cache using debug mode and sampler 5D High-D + PRNG

i'll remove reflections from the short grass and edit the interior lighting, pool is ok i think i like it even without caustics, but i'll work on caustics at the end to see the result.

Maybe palms need some lights from the bottom.

More variations of plants and flowers must be here i think

2013-03-26, 23:33:06
Reply #14

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Grass -  u can use simple displacement with cellular in displacement slot.
For my taste, its too cgish. Needs a lot of tweaks :))
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha