Author Topic: Animation test/ stops at frame 28/  (Read 2151 times)

2014-03-20, 05:39:57

studio33

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio33-architektur und werbung
hi adam... i started the DR rendering yesterday (PT PT after talking) and now, a few hours ago, it showed me that message:
-> maybe the reason is, that one of 3 slaves stopped working cause of overheating, but i dont know...
after cancelling the merging process it went further...
...NO DISCOUNT...

2014-03-20, 12:37:39
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
DR in Corona is nowhere near as fast, stable and reliable as Vray. You should never ever use it for frames that can be rendered on a single PC in reasonable time. You should never ever just turn it on and work on your scene with it. Corona is progressive renderer, so you get your initial feedback quickly and enabling DR does not change absolutely anything on that. It will take some time for Slaves to send their first dump, so if anything, DR will actually slow down your iteration time. Only reason to use DR is if you have 100% final image of large resolution that needs to be finished quickly. Only then DR really pays off. For the very final rendering.

And rendering animations, which is the case you are doing does not make sense either. It is inefficient both, performance-wise, and network bandwidth-wise. 3ds Max is shipped with backburner, so i recommend using that to render animations. It is quite simple to set up, and then each render node simply renders it's own frame. It is a lot more stable and predictable, and a little bit more efficient to render animations by distributing entire frames to computers, rather than pieces of them.

That being said, it seems to be some memory related crash with Corona's own framebuffer. I believe Ondra will be able to tell us more. DR should definitely not crash, and it should most definitely be capable of rendering animations. It is just quite inefficient way of doing so.

2014-03-21, 17:37:21
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
How much is the problem reproducible? Does it happen with every rendering, with every rendering involing failed nodes, or only this once?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)