Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 109812 times)

2019-05-26, 06:22:38
Reply #465

Lucas Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ilustra Studios CG
I have a problem The image upscaling factor returns to the default value all the time.
I put it in 1.0 and every time it returns to 2.0 by itself

2019-05-26, 09:18:03
Reply #466

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
With 2 latest dailies (2019-05-15 and 2019-05-22) getting Max crashes in the moment when VFB is opening. Not always, but pretty often. Maybe it's connected with "◦The “Show VFB” button in render settings now opens the Corona VFB with correct resolution and render regions even before first render was started" feature?
Hi,

Do you have some specific scenes that this is happening with?
Could you also provide me with the specification of your computer and operating system?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi
Tested RC1 hoping not to see this problem again, unfortunately it's still there.  But now I can tell more about how it happens.
It's not connected with some certain scene, it happens every time I press Show VFB (button or keyboard shortcut) after docked to viewport IR been used. VFB is appearing with black picture field for a second and Max is crashing.

Windows 10 Pro, Dual Xeon E5-2660, 64GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

And here is minidump

I have a similar problem, 3dmax crashes at the start of the render when opening a VFB in random scenes without reason
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon E5-2683v3 OC to 3.1 Ghz, 32GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 980Ti

Hi,

Which version of Max are you both using? And do you have any 3rd party plugins installed?

Can you also confirm that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed please.

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26, 09:23:17 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-26, 10:06:20
Reply #467

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Which version of Max are you both using? And do you have any 3rd party plugins installed?

Can you also confirm that you have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed please.

Thanks,

Rowan

Just updated NVIDIA drivers, but it didn't help.
Max 2014, Forest Pack, Railclone, Laubwerks Plants, Vray, Redshift trial, FStorm

2019-05-26, 10:30:33
Reply #468

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just updated NVIDIA drivers, but it didn't help.
Max 2014, Forest Pack, Railclone, Laubwerks Plants, Vray, Redshift trial, FStorm

Hi,

Thanks, I will look into it and try to reproduce it here. I'd recommend updating all of your plugins too just in case there is come conflict.

EDIT: I was able to reproduce this here. I will report it to our development team.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=356528437)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26, 10:42:19 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2019-05-26, 20:34:36
Reply #469

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I run in to one issue where Max is crashing after using IR:

Start IR
Stop IR
Hit Show VFB
Max crash without option to save.

Running RC1 and Max'19 i had it also on older dailys. It doesnt seem to be scene specific. Had it on different scenes.

2019-05-27, 05:15:28
Reply #470

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you should not release the new version before fixing the bug that makes the beauty pass go black and the alpha a messy black and white jumble when you have advanced filtering on.
Hi,

The bug which is making the VFB go black with B&G and the HQ filtering is fixed in RC1 released this afternoon.

Please can you re-test and let me know your feeback.

thi sis great news I will try and I will let you know thank you

Thanks,

Rowan

2019-05-27, 11:12:10
Reply #471

kingmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Image save from VFB with bloom and tools bar active freezes max. Tried both on max 2016&2019. I thought this was fixed.

2019-05-27, 12:46:51
Reply #472

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Image save from VFB with bloom and tools bar active freezes max. Tried both on max 2016&2019. I thought this was fixed.
Hi,

Can you please provide some more information? It's really difficult for us to fix an issue if we have not been able to reproduce it.

Can you provide me with a scene, minidump from the freeze, version of Max/Corona and the specification of you system please?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-27, 13:09:26
Reply #473

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max 2019, RC1

Just got a crash while playing with the VFB - displaying the Caustic render element, storing VFB to history and comparing A/B.
Minidump attached, hope it helps.

More info - Max didn't crash to desktop, it just froze while the crash error report dialog came up. Upon closing the CER dialog Max sat there with one thread active but otherwise non-responsive, had to force-close it.

2019-05-27, 13:18:33
Reply #474

kingmax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can you please provide some more information? It's really difficult for us to fix an issue if we have not been able to reproduce it.

Can you provide me with a scene, minidump from the freeze, version of Max/Corona and the specification of you system please?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan

So, I've been working on a really simple scene (will provide it later). Upon render completion if "bloom and glare" is active in VFB and the "tools" panel is visible if I try to save the image (jpg, tiff, cxr...) 3ds max becomes unresponsive. I cannot create a minidump file because I need to kill the process. I've tried saving both locally and on a NAS server, and I've recreated the same issue both in Max 2016 and Max 2019. If I disable the bloom effect, the image saves normally. If I toggle the "tools" panel with bloom active, the image saves normally.

Workstation specs:

dual Xeon 2690 V4
ASUS z10pe-d8 ws MB
128 GB ECC RAM
Samsung NVme 960 pro x 2
ASUS 1080TI Turbo
Windows 7 x64 pro

Corona 4 RC1.

2019-05-28, 11:01:32
Reply #475

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Wanted to say thanks to the Corona team for actually listening to us. Bringing back the env. UI was a good thing. Thanks!

2019-05-28, 11:35:12
Reply #476

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Wanted to say thanks to the Corona team for actually listening to us. Bringing back the env. UI was a good thing. Thanks!

+1
Thank you guys!

2019-05-28, 12:15:08
Reply #477

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

+1
Thank you guys!

Same here, many thanks!

2019-05-28, 14:21:26
Reply #478

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
@Kingmax

You can capture a minidump even if it's just hanging by following the instructions here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-maxUploader:#crashes2

It would also be helpful if you could upload the scene this bloom and glare issue is happening in, to us: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Thanks!

2019-05-29, 05:35:23
Reply #479

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
Hi guys

Does anyone else find the region render change a bit counter-intuitive? My issue is that the button always needs to be pressed in order to be able to change the region, or add a new one. but if it's not pressed the region turns into a brownish color which is really hard to see, and of course it's not editable - basically adding another step in the process. I tend to create one region and constantly move it around as I am adjusting materials etc, but now it's a bit more difficult to do.

I can of course have the button pressed at all times but the region is way too thick, so my question is: is it possible to have the region border changed back to the 1px line that it was before pls?

Thanks! and thanks for the environment ui change!
---