Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 111974 times)

2019-05-24, 01:09:03
Reply #450

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
had a DR issue with the latest daily which I havent had in a long time... anyone else having this issue??

2019-05-24, 13:31:31
Reply #451

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
had a DR issue with the latest daily which I havent had in a long time... anyone else having this issue??
Hi,

Can you provide some details as to what the issue you are experiencing is?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-24, 15:31:25
Reply #452

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With 2 latest dailies (2019-05-15 and 2019-05-22) getting Max crashes in the moment when VFB is opening. Not always, but pretty often. Maybe it's connected with "◦The “Show VFB” button in render settings now opens the Corona VFB with correct resolution and render regions even before first render was started" feature?

2019-05-24, 15:50:19
Reply #453

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
With 2 latest dailies (2019-05-15 and 2019-05-22) getting Max crashes in the moment when VFB is opening. Not always, but pretty often. Maybe it's connected with "◦The “Show VFB” button in render settings now opens the Corona VFB with correct resolution and render regions even before first render was started" feature?
Hi,

Do you have some specific scenes that this is happening with?
Could you also provide me with the specification of your computer and operating system?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-24, 15:54:14
Reply #454

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
you should not release the new version before fixing the bug that makes the beauty pass go black and the alpha a messy black and white jumble when you have advanced filtering on.
Hi,

The bug which is making the VFB go black with B&G and the HQ filtering is fixed in RC1 released this afternoon.

Please can you re-test and let me know your feeback.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-24, 16:24:18
Reply #455

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Release Candidate 1
  • Fixed CoronaDistance map not working in displace modifier

Corona distance used with displace modifier, consistently locks or crashes max. Minidump attached.

Update: using distance with scatter also leads to crash.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-24, 16:32:39 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-24, 17:09:10
Reply #456

cgcrazy

• Active Users
  • CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • cgcrazy.com
I add a texture through the node output to the material, after which the texture is not shown in the material and on the render.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-25, 10:25:00 by cgcrazy »
Real art begins with an idea that is improved with its implementation.
cgcrazy.com
info@cgcrazy.com

2019-05-24, 18:36:13
Reply #457

Lucas Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ilustra Studios CG
We requested an improvement in Corona render for 4k monitors. I have now noticed in Release Candidate 1 that when I resize the interactive rendering window, the corona keeps the resolution low to have less memory consumption. That's great!

But rendering quality is poor because of the resolution. Is it possible for the user to disable this option?
It would be nice if I could decide when to use it in 4k mode and when to use it in normal mode, because then I decide the view mode according to the scene.

I also noticed that when I resize the IR window the icons also lose quality, they are also being resized.

2019-05-24, 20:25:33
Reply #458

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We requested an improvement in Corona render for 4k monitors. I have now noticed in Release Candidate 1 that when I resize the interactive rendering window, the corona keeps the resolution low to have less memory consumption. That's great!

But rendering quality is poor because of the resolution. Is it possible for the user to disable this option?
It would be nice if I could decide when to use it in 4k mode and when to use it in normal mode, because then I decide the view mode according to the scene.

I also noticed that when I resize the IR window the icons also lose quality, they are also being resized.
Hi,
you can specify the scaling factor in system settings dialog.

2019-05-24, 20:28:59
Reply #459

Lucas Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ilustra Studios CG

2019-05-25, 10:18:40
Reply #460

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Release Candidate 1
  • Fixed CoronaDistance map not working in displace modifier

Corona distance used with displace modifier, consistently locks or crashes max. Minidump attached.

Update: using distance with scatter also leads to crash.

Hi,

Can you send over your scene? It was working fine for me during testing, so I'd like to see if we are doing something differently.

Also, which version of Max and Windows are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-05-25, 14:17:28
Reply #461

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Rowan, i'm not sure if scene would be useful, but i recorded a video with 100% reliable way to crash max with Corona distance. 3ds Max 2016, Windows 10

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-25, 15:25:07
Reply #462

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the video it's really helpful, I will look into it ASAP.

EDIT: I was able to reproduce this, it only effects Max 2016. Versions 2017+ seem to be okay.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=356487823)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-25, 15:52:25 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2019-05-25, 20:54:57
Reply #463

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Could you also provide me with the specification of your computer and operating system?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi
Tested RC1 hoping not to see this problem again, unfortunately it's still there.  But now I can tell more about how it happens.
It's not connected with some certain scene, it happens every time I press Show VFB (button or keyboard shortcut) after docked to viewport IR was used. VFB is appearing with black picture field for a second and Max is crashing.

Windows 10 Pro, Dual Xeon E5-2660, 64GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

And here is minidump
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26, 09:13:10 by Bormax »

2019-05-25, 21:13:15
Reply #464

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi
Tested RC1 hoping not to see this problem again, unfortunately it's still there.  But now I can tell more about how it happens.
It's not connected with some certain scene, it happens every time I press Show VFB (button or keyboard shortcut) after docked to viewport IR been used. VFB is appearing with black picture field for a second and Max is crashing.

Windows 10 Pro, Dual Xeon E5-2660, 64GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

And here is minidump

I have a similar problem, 3dmax crashes at the start of the render when opening a VFB in random scenes without reason
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon E5-2683v3 OC to 3.1 Ghz, 32GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 980Ti