Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 109029 times)

2019-05-19, 20:07:05
Reply #435

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
As a random uneducated guess: Do you have the 16-bit Bloom performance option enabled by chance?

No, it is turned off. I tested with turning it on and the whole render gets black after the B&G calculation.

2019-05-20, 20:15:14
Reply #436

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Update: the problem was with ivy generator

Yes, trapping into this frequently. Just put an edit mesh modifier on top, that solves it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-05-21, 09:48:27
Reply #437

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
As a random uneducated guess: Do you have the 16-bit Bloom performance option enabled by chance?

No, it is turned off. I tested with turning it on and the whole render gets black after the B&G calculation.

Hi,

Please can you send the scene over to me? Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-22, 13:48:52
Reply #438

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, please for the love of god and all that's mighty bring back the old way of using env. maps...The way it is now is awful and BUGGED. Wasted a lot of time today:

Bug is this -> if you use the brilliantly thought "Use Advanced setup" and you override something it works ok, but when you go back to "Use 3ds max settings" or "use single map" even though the "advanced setup" is greyed out, it is STILL ACTIVE !! 

Shortly put : the env. overrides are active even if the "Use advanced setup is not"

but seriously... what's the purpose of this? The way it was was so easy and self explanatory. Now it's just hidden under another option (which is also broken). Imagine getting a scene for someone with some overrides...

Please bring back the previous menu. Is there anyone here btw who thinks this is a good idea?

Thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22, 15:24:51 by Flavius »

2019-05-22, 16:56:00
Reply #439

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, please for the love of god and all that's mighty bring back the old way of using env. maps...The way it is now is awful and BUGGED. Wasted a lot of time today:

Bug is this -> if you use the brilliantly thought "Use Advanced setup" and you override something it works ok, but when you go back to "Use 3ds max settings" or "use single map" even though the "advanced setup" is greyed out, it is STILL ACTIVE !! 

Shortly put : the env. overrides are active even if the "Use advanced setup is not"

but seriously... what's the purpose of this? The way it was was so easy and self explanatory. Now it's just hidden under another option (which is also broken). Imagine getting a scene for someone with some overrides...

Please bring back the previous menu. Is there anyone here btw who thinks this is a good idea?

Thanks in advance !

I agree, I thought the whole point of corona was to not have tons of hidden submenus in the UI. Im sure i read that years ago you guys were against the whole advanced/basic thing like vray has(had?)

2019-05-22, 17:01:16
Reply #440

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Yes, we will be pulling the environment overrides back to the main render settings.

2019-05-22, 17:23:47
Reply #441

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hip hip hooray! :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-22, 17:51:47
Reply #442

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
That's what dailies (and the respective feedback) are for. And I second the "hooray" :)

Good Luck

2019-05-23, 03:47:36
Reply #443

jjgod1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Old Installer icon look like dog leg.... haha

2019-05-23, 05:42:48
Reply #444

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, is this a correct behavior of the interactive? im doing some close up tests and get this strange blurry 7 denoise effects, denoiser is off

2019-05-23, 09:12:56
Reply #445

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys, is this a correct behavior of the interactive? im doing some close up tests and get this strange blurry 7 denoise effects, denoiser is off

Hi,

Do you have "Fast preview denoise during render" checked in the performance tab of the Render setup?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-05-23, 10:03:51
Reply #446

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe it's worth considering to turn IR denoising off by default? Those who don't have nvidia card, would certainly appreciate that and those who want IR denoising, could save their own defaults.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-23, 10:20:33
Reply #447

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, I prefer having it off by default also. No problem to have it disabled in MaxStart.max but it frightens me every time when opening an old scene.

Good Luck

2019-05-23, 22:21:11
Reply #448

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you should not release the new version before fixing the bug that makes the beauty pass go black and the alpha a messy black and white jumble when you have advanced filtering on.

2019-05-23, 23:41:26
Reply #449

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh sorry, it was on by default an that Pc is new with Nvidia cars so it’s new behavior for me, I’ll disable it.